Tribunal punishments are NOT sufficient.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sharajat

12-29-2012

I believe Riot did IP bans for a few weeks, until they banned an entire College dormitory at once.

IP bans are similar to account bans - they're reasonably trivial to get around. Unlike account bans, other people can get hurt too. They're a bad solution.

King Razured

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

All the things that you have mentioned over this post have been discussed already and finding a better solution to fix this is just impossible, as it's a part of the game you need to get used to it and accept that sometimes you get matched with people that you shouln't be able to play with. Fortunatly, there is plenty of good players in League of Legends, maybe you just see the wrong side of the situation.

Zykritch

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudouri View Post
I think his point is that IP is actually easily faked.
His commented was intended to do nothing more than insult. Roho's reply referred to imitating a specific IP address for the purpose of impersonating someone, if I am not mistaken.. He just didn't explain it in detail. It's common knowledge that you can use a VPN or change your IP if you have a dynamic IP address.. But you're not going to see your ever day player just spontaneously finding the IP address of some player they dislike.. and impersonating it.

In either case.. "OhBoyItsMegaman" was simply put, being a jerk. If he found disagreement with the post he could have stated so civilly, without trying to fashion it in some pristine position of superiority.. His tone was rude and insulting.. and clearly was intended to be such.. I hardly see the benefit of his post at all to solving the problem posed by this thread.

Zykritch

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razured View Post
All the things that you have mentioned over this post have been discussed already and finding a better solution to fix this is just impossible, as it's a part of the game you need to get used to it and accept that sometimes you get matched with people that you shouln't be able to play with. Fortunatly, there is plenty of good players in League of Legends, maybe you just see the wrong side of the situation.
I laughed. That mindset is exactly why problems in the world go unsolved.. and why what "is" is never improved. To even suggest that solving the posed problem is impossible, is a ridiculously stupid and inaccurate statement. I know Roho personally, and he could singlehandedly write the code to do such. You are hardly in a position to state otherwise.. or in this context.. the absolute of it being "impossible". As it is most certainly not.

I don't see why people have to be in denial of the way things are. Riot is not perfect and nor are it's current methods of dealing with trolls, arguing in team select and other issues.. To pretend such is simply ignorant.. and it is denying the obvious.. Something that is laid right in front of your eyes. I don't know what dream suck-up world people are in.. But the Tribunal is NOT perfect.. it is NOT flawless.. and it most certainly can be improved, if not replaced by something even better. If either Roho or I were on Riot's payroll we could come up with a better method, and that's something I do not doubt in the least.

And to add more so to the statement.. if you truly want to kiss up to Riot by defending their imaginary perfection.. Why not actually DO what Riot has asked and provide them with feedback and help? And no, I don't mean imaginary drooling of "Riot is great and wonderful" feedback.. I mean -actual- feedback.. beneficial feedback.. Feedback that tells them they are not perfect (which you can bet they know already), and that there is room for improvement. The whole point of allowing the players a voice in the Tribunal and other areas of how League works is so that Riot can improve the game.. As they -know- it is imperfect. So lose the little fantasy here that everything is as good as it can be.. and actually post comments that are productive, insightful, and beneficial.. Otherwise, I highly lack knowledge of the motivation you have for making inaccurate and baseless statements on this thread. Endlessly saying that "everything is perfect.. better is impossible" will not do a thing to make things better here, and it will not do a thing to solve the given problems.

If anyone needs to get used to something.. it's those of you who can't face reality. Reality in this case being, Riot is not perfect, the Tribunal is not perfect, and that there is plenty of room for improvement in League of Legends. Get used to and accept -that- fact.. and do something to fix it, otherwise.. Why are you here?

Røhø

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zykritch View Post
I know Roho personally, and he could singlehandedly write the code to do such.
FYI: I'm Sr. System Software Architect, I've made 2 million for my company in 2 1/2 months. I've been writing software a very long time. It is this background, including writing games myself, that give me great insight on how to improve things. It is trivial to improve the game start/loading. The current interface is "sorry RIOT" stupid. Popup in your face dialogs that only have a chance of proceeding to an actual game start but always interrupt what your typing and don't carry it over to the next screen is a very junior developer thing. Experienced designers KNOW innately what not to do.

How many times have you waited through the Queue... to have a group fight over positions?

How many times have those fights gone into the game resulting in someone trolling or intentionally letting the teammate they argued with die... or steal their cs or ks them?

How many times did it result in going back into the Queue since someone dodged on one of the teams?

Room for improvement... nah, they should just fire all the people at RIOT and stop issuing patches since everything is perfect (sarcasm for those who wouldn't get it otherwise).

I would do it like this:
You pick "role based" or "not role based" teams.
If you pick role based, then you pick the role you want. Besides each roll is the approximate wait time for that role, as obviously apc and adc have longer wait queues, which encourages people who don't want to wait so long to play support for example.

"Genius isn't knowing everything or being way smarter than everyone else, it's finding a way to make the complex simple for all to enjoy the benefits." -- Rh 2012

Røhø

12-30-2012

I just got thru with dodging a Q where I called mid then the person picks Oriana and says we'll duo mid. I said then we'll duo report you, and they replied "Oh, I'm so scared".
And the previous game a lvl 1 AFK, but they came back when everyone was level 12 died once and went AFK again. Only improved by the fact we had katarina as solo top.

You can't win games with people like these and it accounts for hours of misery.... it certainly isn't fun.

Just to let you know what a warm feeling it gives me to know that you're looking into this and they might get a "Please don't do that again -- it's bad" email.

Here is my response to RIOT's form letter saying "We can't disclose disciplinary actions for privacy reasons"... As if any of us know these people in real life. I want to see REAL actions were taken:

When 4 people together go AFK then its time to delete those accounts. Anything less, and players who pay good money, like myself, will say bye bye LOL, along with my friends and family. Why should we pay into a game where millions play and get away with this kind of behavior. I estimate 40% of my games can't be won because of trolls, AFKs, verbal abusers that disrupt the game, feeders who won't stop or listen to pings, people who refuse to play a role they don't want so pick a character that destroy team composition, a group of Spanish speaking people play poorly and don't care and ignore all communication, and RIOT's own very lousy matching system where a team that plays together all the time on teamspeak with 80% wins is against a team of 1 solo queue player and 4 noobs.

You can tell when another team is on voice chat, and it has ruined my enjoyment of the game that RIOT is so RE-ACTIVE instead of PRO-ACTIVE. This **** won't stop till you take serious actions and change the team composition engine.