Some things about Vi's Q

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frenzied Ice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Yay for Gypsylord <3

StationaryObject

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamWorkTom View Post
No offense but shouldn't these things been found out during testing? These seem like very easy things to detect how did she get released with these problems?

It took one play of Vi to see that her Q could be interrupted and put on cool down and lose your mana from it. It seemed like it was designed this way. So if that was not intended how was that missed?
For all we know, these hadn't happened in testing and had only occurred once she went live.
Bugs are Bugs are Bugs. They happen when they weren't sopost to happen.

Undtoromeso

12-28-2012

Quote:
No offense but shouldn't these things been found out during testing? These seem like very easy things to detect how did she get released with these problems?
PBE is full of non-serious folks from what I hear. The theme music is also distracting.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-28-2012
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Yes, they should have. Bugs are going to happen but that doesn't mean it sucks any less when a player runs into one and has it adversely affect his/her game. This is my fault.

As a rookie designer I'm constantly learning new things about how our game works. When I heard that people were stopping when using Q I went and tried to repro the thing for a couple hours using move commands/smart casting/what have you. Did not realize having an autoattack target would affect a champion's motion in a totally different way from a normal move command and not allow you to continue after casting Q. Now I know. I'll fix this for Vi ASAP and make sure to never let it happen again on any of my future champs.

You have my apologies.

Daryslash

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Yes, they should have. Bugs are going to happen but that doesn't mean it sucks any less when a player runs into one and has it adversely affect his/her game. This is my fault.

As a rookie designer I'm constantly learning new things about how our game works. When I heard that people were stopping when using Q I went and tried to repro the thing for a couple hours using move commands/smart casting/what have you. Did not realize having an autoattack target would affect a champion's motion in a totally different way from a normal move command and not allow you to continue after casting Q. Now I know. I'll fix this for Vi ASAP and make sure to never let it happen again on any of my future champs.

You have my apologies.
Gypsy please take a look at this while you're here

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2947324

EDIT: I got downvoted for some reason. What the hell?

Thanatos Noa

12-28-2012

Quote:
Also will fix Q losing its CD when you get stunned.
*Quick note I don't own Vi, so I assume the bug means that the skill goes on CD after being disrupted

Is that really a bug? I thought that was intended (it should go on cooldown). How else do you counter-play Vi's burst combo if the only thing to disrupt her Q..doesn't really disrupt it?

No other champion with a channel has gets to refund their abilities cooldown if targeted by CC (Fiddle's Crowstorm, Karthus' Requiem, Pantheon's Grand Skyfall or even Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole). Of the examples listed, only the last two if cancelled still have a short cooldown attached.

..so why does Vi get this special treatment? I'd be extremely disappointed if I silenced/stunned Vi during her Q just to delay her.

LtEarthworm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Also will fix Q not refunding mana when canceled.
You're my hero.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

12-28-2012

Quote:
FFFFFFF so THAT'S what it was. No wonder I could never repro it...

Will fix when everyone gets back to the office.

Also will fix Q losing its CD when you get stunned.

Also will fix Q not refunding mana when canceled.

Also will fix other bugs. FEAR NOT!
This is awesome Teemo! I mean gypsylord ... I love Vi and any QoL changes would be very welcome! ^_^

DiscworldDeath

12-28-2012

Quote:

You have my apologies.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...10973#32310973

We forgive you. Just get it fixed <3

Level 9 Zubat

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos Noa View Post
*Quick note I don't own Vi, so I assume the bug means that the skill goes on CD after being disrupted

Is that really a bug? I thought that was intended (it should go on cooldown). How else do you counter-play Vi's burst combo if the only thing to disrupt her Q..doesn't really disrupt it?

No other champion with a channel has gets to refund their abilities cooldown if targeted by CC (Fiddle's Crowstorm, Karthus' Requiem, Pantheon's Grand Skyfall or even Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole). Of the examples listed, only the last two if cancelled still have a short cooldown attached.

..so why does Vi get this special treatment? I'd be extremely disappointed if I silenced/stunned Vi during her Q just to delay her.
Not all abilities work the same. For example, no form of CC (not even supression) will stop Ezreal or Lux from finishing the channel on their ultimates once they have begun casting them. You have to dodge it or kill them.