Some things about Vi's Q

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cmck

12-28-2012

I've noticed Vi wasting ult cd if the target goes into the fog of war. Is this an intentional thing? It seems like it should either stop the ult without wasting the cd or just continue anyway. Not really a fan of burning the cd for nothing.

Primanocte

12-28-2012

Any chance you can let her cast her Q while moving? Its annoying that she stops to cast it, even if its only a fraction of a second. Makes it even more awkward to use.

Dartyx

12-28-2012

XylemUP you have a horrible build on vi lol

Antholagnia

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg View Post
While you're here Whattyabrian, another potential bug:

I haven't had a chance to play Vi much in the past few days, but before that I would get at least 1 Ult attempt a game where I would click on someone to cast the ult (smartcast) and it just wouldn't go off. I'm not being CC'd at the time and they are definitely within range.
This happened to me recently, and I was angry until I realized I ulted Nocturne who shielded himself. Then I was sad.

KFCBentoBox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
If they become untargetable, you will stop and the cooldown will be spent. So, for example, if you ult Fizz and he Trollvaults, the ult will fizzle.

If you have a repro where that is not the case, I'd love to hear it.
I saw what you did there.

înphamous

12-28-2012

A bug I've ran across with Vi was when i was fighting a pantheon i ulted him when he started his ult to try to get away. I successfully land all components of the ult then continue to attack, then his ult goes off as if it wasn't interrupted at all.

EviIGreenRanger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
If they become untargetable, you will stop and the cooldown will be spent. So, for example, if you ult Fizz and he Trollvaults, the ult will fizzle.

If you have a repro where that is not the case, I'd love to hear it.
I thought that was a bug vs the fizz troll jump.

Qsario

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XylemUP View Post
Both teams acknowledged this happening. Sadly I have no recordings of this, as it's only happened three times, each time against a different champ. And my comp just isn't powerful enough to constantly be recording when I play.
LoL Recorder seems to take almost no resources for me.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-28-2012
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Ah, okay. I've just repro'd it.

The bug occurs when you have a target. So if you right click the ground and cast Q, you won't stop, but if you right click a minion and cast Q, you will.

I'll talk to the designers when we get back in the office. This is not intended behavior.
FFFFFFF so THAT'S what it was. No wonder I could never repro it...

Will fix when everyone gets back to the office.

Also will fix Q losing its CD when you get stunned.

Also will fix Q not refunding mana when canceled.

Also will fix other bugs. FEAR NOT!

TeamWorkTom

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
FFFFFFF so THAT'S what it was. No wonder I could never repro it...

Will fix when everyone gets back to the office.

Also will fix Q losing its CD when you get stunned.

Also will fix Q not refunding mana when canceled.

Also will fix other bugs. FEAR NOT!
No offense but shouldn't these things been found out during testing? These seem like very easy things to detect how did she get released with these problems?

It took one play of Vi to see that her Q could be interrupted and put on cool down and lose your mana from it. It seemed like it was designed this way. So if that was not intended how was that missed?