@Rioters with "Riot" in their names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garlyle Wilds

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by seductiveasian View Post
I thought Rioters had their own personal accounts to play on if they wanted to
Several rioters have confirmed that they have multiple accounts - some of which are completely 'incognito', and which play by the same rules as every other player account (Having to be worked up to level 30, no free champs/skins/etc).

Quote:
So why don't you just instantly warn/suspend people who are a jackass to you just because you're a Rioter?

I figure being a dick to the developers to their face for no reason other than they're the developers is kind of a sign that they're not a very good person, and should probably carry some punishment.

Or do only the Rioters in charge of player behavior (ex. Lyte and the people who work for/with him) have the power to insta-punish someone after a game?
I know it's already gotten an official red response, but as far as I can tell Rioters don't have that direct power. Most just use report, or in particularly bad cases (like Terablo mentioned) they will make a direct report to player behaviour. Even if they do though, it just triggers a manual review of the player's case by a third party - meaning that for the most part, if a punishment comes out of it, they were already "on their way" to one and it just got accelerated.

That's what I've been able to gather from months of obsessively reading the devtrackers at least.

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-28-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

I leave Riot out because it keeps me grounded. Can't have me going mad with power, y'know? There'll be plenty of time for that later

zergman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
I leave Riot out because it keeps me grounded. Can't have me going mad with power, y'know? [s]There'll be plenty of time for that later[/s]
I wonder if Damiya is a sexy robot...I always envision her as looking just like Kayle walking around the office with full body armor and long blonde hair chuckling about the stupid humans

Masmurdurah

12-28-2012

Daiya... I noticed that you post in a thread and it immediately dies.

I suspect foul play. I condemn you to death.
I guess you could say I am damnin' ya.
#YYYYYEAAAAAHHHH

Vivacious Vixen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-28-2012

Quote:
I leave Riot out because it keeps me grounded. Can't have me going mad with power, y'know? [s]There'll be plenty of time for that later[/s]
Heh, grounded... Cause you're a robot.

Mousechint

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masmurdurah View Post
Daiya... I noticed that you post in a thread and it immediately dies.

I suspect foul play. I condemn you to death.
I guess you could say I am damnin' ya.
#YYYYYEAAAAAHHHH
You just gave tryharding a whole new meaning.

Qsario

12-28-2012

One of my first games was with "RiotProgrammer" I didn't piece it together until later why he kept apologizing for the way my client was freaking out due to lag (it left tons of duplicate creeps all over the map that kept attacking even though they didn't really exist or do damage).

gsai

12-28-2012

Quote:
If I was a Rioter I'd be Sucks, therefore my full name would be Riot Sucks.

RiotTerra

Technical QA Analyst

12-28-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

I don't seem to have too much trouble with it. If I do come across someone creating a negative experience, then I do what I always did before I joined Riot:

1) /ignore user
2) report after the game

I think a lot of people forget about step 1, and thus get bent out of shape over being berated. Of course we don't want that toxic behavior to occur, but rather than become a victim to it for 20-30 minutes, just /ignore and forget about them if you can. Also, this is much more gratifying to me than trying to argue back... that only gives them more power.

Of course, this tactic becomes much more difficult when people are intentionally feeding rather than verbal abuse, but based on my experience doing the Tribunal those cases are easily identified and punished.