Gifting extended through the end of Snowdown Showdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zylph

12-28-2012

Are you planning to add lan authenticator to prevent this? Like the ones that blizzard or google use with their products.

Wanyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Thanks so much for adding the gifting feature, I'm a person who loves to gift and it's brought me a lot of joy being able to shower my friends in skins! I can't wait till it's back in full form! <3

thedup

12-28-2012

We get 10 extra days to gift people, but we can't even get a couple days of a grace period to gift our friends? My girlfriend has only been my friend on my account since the 14th, and the 11th, was the cutoff, what is so wrong about extending that along with this? not fair

Hollymonster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Player Support Lead - Game/Account

12-28-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korra Lee View Post
Thanks for the help it's already been a week and a half and I was wondering why it didn't unlock when it said on the support page "Wait 24 hours at least"
What is your Summoner name on EUNE? I'll look into why you don't have your icon now.

jarubbaal

12-28-2012

I am curious about the Snowdown Icons. None have appeared for me and I have both purchased RP and gifted a skin to a friend. I also wonder if I was supposed to get the Santa Baron Icon and nothing is showing up (as I have strong honor numbers relative to my friends who have gained the Icon).

:/

IS1f953903d2cff893ae987

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zylph View Post
Are you planning to add lan authenticator to prevent this? Like the ones that blizzard or google use with their products.
That would be insanely awesome. Combine it with some kind of free skin (like Judgement Kayle) and make such authentificator nessesary in order to buy RP and stuff (like code on login AND on RP purchases and so on), that might be quite nice - I always wondered, why LoL doesn't has such security stuff, when it's THAT popular along with some exclusive stuffs (like some players think "hmm, they have dat skin, let's hack an sell dat acc", I could imagine such behaviour too well ...).

What's the opinion of Riot on that?

Escargotage

12-28-2012

Still looking for a solution to my problem where I'm unable to gift a friend due to not being friends long enough, yet he's able to gift me things perfectly well.

Suspitio

12-28-2012

A suggestion for the account hacks/scams - a secondary password that you don't have to type, but click the keys on the screen (probably numbers like other online games).

the brat prince

12-28-2012

good call riot, thx!

CloudCarry

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Due to popular demand, we have extended the availability of the gifting feature in the Store through the end of Snowdown Showdown on January 6. Only summoners that were on your Friend list at the start of the Snowdown event can be gifted. Snowdown summoner icons will continue to be rewarded for your first gift of RP, a champion, or a skin.

We hope to bring gifting back permanently in 2013 once we have evaluated its impact on account fraud and hacking, and taken any necessary additional steps to protect your accounts.
wait why would you take gifting out?