@Rioters with "Riot" in their names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StormbreathDragn

12-28-2012

So why don't you just instantly warn/suspend people who are a jackass to you just because you're a Rioter?

I figure being a dick to the developers to their face for no reason other than they're the developers is kind of a sign that they're not a very good person, and should probably carry some punishment.

Or do only the Rioters in charge of player behavior (ex. Lyte and the people who work for/with him) have the power to insta-punish someone after a game?

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

12-28-2012
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporq View Post
@WhattayBrian

What was your Senior game project?
Fifth Sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTwenty View Post
So why don't you just instantly warn/suspend people who are a jackass to you just because you're a Rioter?

I figure being a dick to the developers to their face for no reason other than they're the developers is kind of a sign that they're not a very good person, and should probably carry some punishment.

Or do only the Rioters in charge of player behavior (ex. Lyte and the people who work for/with him) have the power to insta-punish someone after a game?
This is actually an interesting point of discussion. How much direct power should Rioters have over disciplinary actions? This gets brought up in the office from time to time.

But the long and short of it is that I use the Report feature like everyone else.

RombotBaby

12-28-2012

I honestly like a little bit of trash talking. When im doing bad and someone trash talks it makes me want to do better and prove them wrong. Its part of the game that I like sometimes I may say some things that others do not like, but it just enhances my experience even though I understand for others it may hender them.

seductiveasian

12-28-2012

I thought Rioters had their own personal accounts to play on if they wanted to

UglyDoge

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
Fifth Sun!

This is actually an interesting point of discussion. How much direct power should Rioters have over disciplinary actions? This gets brought up in the office from time to time.

But the long and short of it is that I use the Report feature like everyone else.
Well if you're an employee and you report someone, I feel like that report could carry more weight, while not necessarily being able to instaban someone on sight.

theshim

12-28-2012

Quote:

Probably for the best. The last thing we need is another a werecat.

Sporq

12-28-2012

Quote:
Fifth Sun!.
Damn, not available on the DP download site =(

12fingerJIM

12-28-2012

Quote:
Fifth Sun!

how much weight do rioter reports hold compared to reports from the average solo queue player?

Ozbirta

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshim View Post
Probably for the best. The last thing we need is another a werecat.
RIP werecat

Riot Terablo

Systems Administrator

12-28-2012
4 of 6 Riot Posts

RIOTers can choose if they want to tag their name or not. Not having a tag allows you to experience the game much closer to what every player experiences every day, which is a very important aspect.

Now recently I decided to tag myself as I am setting up more and more ARAMs and try to offer myself up for the carry a rioter to your 1000s win challenge, which is just a whole lot easier with RIOT in your name. ("R u rly riot?").

I would most I play are equal or maybe even enriched by being known as a RIOTer. That does not mean its any easier as it appears in almost every game I play I have a huge 100 feet target above my head. Couple this with my pretty bad lane awareness and overextending its a receipt for repeat gray screening failure.

There are games where some are players are very vicious, not really bothering me to much in most cases. If this is really bad I just do what every other player (including rioters) do and report them at the end of the game. BTW our reports carry exactly the same weight. If we come across extremely toxic players we have the ability to get our epic player support people to go investigate and deal with it to protect other players from the individual.