@Rioters with "Riot" in their names

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozbirta

12-28-2012

Do you hate playing solo queue? The last Rioter I played with in solo queue got completely ridiculed the entire game because he didn't do very well. Lots of "I thought you had to know how to play LoL to work for Riot", and "I thought you couldn't have 'Riot' in your name unless you were an employee."

I know from your forum personalities and such that most of you are pretty thick-skinned, but that has to wear on you, and your decision of whether or not you jump in a queue by yourself. Do you guys mostly do premades? Or Normals? Or does what I described not really happen very often and I saw a special case?

shadowshifte

12-28-2012

it helps and hurts them. they may get taunting jestures but people in games with rioters are on average more likely to be nice i imagine.

Ozbirta

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowshifte View Post
it helps and hurts them. they may get taunting jestures but people in games with rioters are on average more likely to be nice i imagine.
Kinda like a "fear of being instabanned" factor? I suppose that makes sense

I R B GOOD YA

12-28-2012

People who make fun of Rioters never are heard of again.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

12-28-2012
1 of 6 Riot Posts

While I don't have the "Riot" prefix (which is every Rioter's choice), I am recognized fairly often, so perhaps I can field this from at least one perspective.

I play quite a bit of solo queue, though I've been doing 5-mans more often these days. I find that, for every jackass who does things to spite me simply because I'm a Rioter, there are three or four that are awesome and make the game a great experience. So I figure my odds are pretty good.

We do tend to have thick skin, but toxic behavior directed at us will inevitably affect us. But it's part of the job; it's part of being able to interact with you guys directly. We have a responsibility to maintain our composure, and to not lash out. Sometimes that means that we stop playing for the day, and sometimes that means we stop posting for a while. Each person is different.

Lothaniar

12-28-2012

I wonder if i've ever played with a "hidden" rioter. it would be an honor too!

shadowshifte

12-28-2012

personally i have played with 3 rioters in solo q and all the games went well except we asked jef jew to make a picachu skin for kennen. he never responded

smXho

12-28-2012

Apparently the people with RIOT in the name are suppose to be new comers

Apparently this is not true

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

12-28-2012
2 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
Apparently the people with RIOT in the name are suppose to be new comers
This is not true.

Best LeeSinga NA

12-28-2012

is that why statikk never posts?

he cant handle us telling him hes wrong about the jungle?