should maokai be nerfed

yes 7 16.67%
no 35 83.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Mao'Kai jungle is too strong

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TreemeisterLOL

12-28-2012

In Season 3 Mao'kai can clear the entire jungle without a single leash, and can hit level 3 in 2 minutes and 47 seconds, meaning he can gank since his w is up. If he receives a leash, he can get to 3 even faster. I think Riot should look into this because I honestly think it makes him way too strong of a pick. He has awesome ganks, great utility and is a extremely good tank. Thanks for reading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Eaq4_SHBfyE

X74X

12-28-2012

No.

To my knowledge plenty of junglers can do this, and some of them can do it even faster. Also, what else do you expect out of Maokai? Maokai is a utility champion, he's practically MADE to have some of the deadliest ganks. What makes him deadly, or a threat in the first place isn't his damage output, which he doesn't do phenomenal in to begin with, it's the role he plays that makes killing champions easier by means of locking them down and letting your team do the rest. Without a good team comp Maokai really can't offer much aside from fast clear speed, which is useless if it doesn't follow up with successful ganks. If you take away the efficiency of his ganking potential or utility, which works hand in hand with said potential, then Maokai is no longer a good champion because he serves no purpose he can succeed at. He's NOT supposed to be running around killing everything like most champions, he's supposed to HELP the ones who run around killing things to kill things and is unable to do all the work himself. In other words: He's working as intended.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2012

Maokai's laning ganks are very strong.

His late game is significantly weaker than most tanks though. He only has a single target snare.

He is good for picking off overextended or isolated targets, but in team fights he has limited application.

Plus, tanks aren't as effective this season due to the change in magic and armor penetration.

He's not OP and if he's nerfed even a little bit he'd be UP as hell.

Just don't overextend against a Maokai jungle. He becomes insignificant as the game goes on.

jboku

12-28-2012

Mao's jungle is solid and has great clear times. However, he's very dependent on blue early on. His early game ganks are some of the best but as the poster above me said, late game he falls off big time. If your team knows how to utilize him, he's amazing! But if not, he's very underwhelming.

Darthnachox

12-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboku View Post
Mao's jungle is solid and has great clear times. However, he's very dependent on blue early on. His early game ganks are some of the best but as the poster above me said, late game he falls off big time. If your team knows how to utilize him, he's amazing! But if not, he's very underwhelming.
Took the words right out of my mouth lol.

shadic33

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreemeisterLOL View Post
In Season 3 Mao'kai can clear the entire jungle without a single leash, and can hit level 3 in 2 minutes and 47 seconds, meaning he can gank since his w is up. If he receives a leash, he can get to 3 even faster. I think Riot should look into this because I honestly think it makes him way too strong of a pick. He has awesome ganks, great utility and is a extremely good tank. Thanks for reading.
Maokai is terrible at the jungle but good at ganking i dont see why he needs a nerf.