Scared to play ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rollerball

12-27-2012

Dont play ranked until you gleam of confident awesomeness. I will force you to dodge yourself in my game.

TheOmegaBunny

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dreidel fair View Post
i have played this season im still in placement games and i dont wana blow my chance to get put into a higher elo. Id have to wait til next year to try again :(
whats Ur current rating?

OnlyPermits16Max

12-27-2012

If you can get 10-1ish scores in normals you're ready for ranked. I sense a lack of self confidence, so maybe 12-1ish to compensate. Don't be afraid to **** up, pretty much all the pros screwed up at the start. The point is to recognize your mistakes give it your best.

oudyn

12-27-2012

BEST TIP EVAR

watch every second of wingsofdeath stream on twitch that you can.

best advice i ever got from him. ---- dont worry about your elo and you will get it ----

i had ur problem didnt like ranked cuz ppl rage more and i got nervous. started thinking like this and my elo has gone up 400 and stress has gone away completely.

watch streams is best advice possible

michael santana

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmegaBunny View Post
whats Ur current rating?
right now im like 1300 i was up at 1550 at my peak and i just failed My best position is jungling and recently ive been struggling

Matake

12-27-2012

The only way you can get better is by practice (not practice in normals). I sucked my first season and now I'm doing a bit better. And everyone has their good and bad games. You can check my game history for proof of that. Normals can't compare to ranked. Just grin and bear it. Be supportive and learn your flaws. You get better by being more well rounded at all positions and learning counters. The game is 50% counter-picking and 50% skill.

OnlyPermits16Max

12-27-2012

Yeah, the initial grind can be discouraging, but if you deserve a high elo, you'll have had the core willpower to earn it.

michael santana

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oudyn View Post
BEST TIP EVAR

watch every second of wingsofdeath stream on twitch that you can.

best advice i ever got from him. ---- dont worry about your elo and you will get it ----

i had ur problem didnt like ranked cuz ppl rage more and i got nervous. started thinking like this and my elo has gone up 400 and stress has gone away completely.

watch streams is best advice possible
i watch some streams however u can only learn so much and the level they play on is so differnt

Damiya

Technical Analyst

12-27-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I would say you should just focus on playing your best! I came out of placement into the high 900s and now I'm in the high 1200s. Just focus on doing your best and keep in mind that the only variable you can control in the games is your own play.

Aggressively ward (It's not just for supports!), focus on communicating with your teammates (ping if you don't want to type) and do your best to be a team player. Ultimately it's not that much of a different mode from normals; don't psyche yourself out and good luck

Edit: Oh and I would add, the best way to get better is to play. Play *lots*. Look for feedback from friends and fellow players. Figure out when you make mistakes and try not to make them again. Everyone has the ability to move up in ranked if they put the time and energy into it; don't let your fear of "elo hell" stop you from putting the time in.

DerpyGeth

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiya View Post
I would say you should just focus on playing your best! I came out of placement into the high 900s and now I'm in the high 1200s. Just focus on doing your best and keep in mind that the only variable you can control in the games is your own play.

Aggressively ward (It's not just for supports!), focus on communicating with your teammates (ping if you don't want to type) and do your best to be a team player. Ultimately it's not that much of a different mode from normals; don't psyche yourself out and good luck

Edit: Oh and I would add, the best way to get better is to play. Play *lots*. Look for feedback from friends and fellow players. Figure out when you make mistakes and try not to make them again. Everyone has the ability to move up in ranked if they put the time and energy into it; don't let your fear of "elo hell" stop you from putting the time in.
This thread will now receive 10 extra posts. As is tradition when a Red shows up :P