Dear Riot : here's the community wishes for the new year

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fongletto

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
That's another thing that interests me, the x2 or x10 scenario for skins. Is taking a champion's base theme and bumping it up a level or two cool? Artistically, it's pretty easy to do, but I can see how players might be like.. "Uh, that's just a fancy base, I feel cheated" or "Shouldn't this just be the new base?" I'm wondering if that'd be the case.

Yes, personally I'm also cool with "upgraded" versions of champions, it's something that I'm not sure we know how to do just right whilst managing expectations.

Welp, if you do like that armor design and want to see it as a skin, make a thread/poll and see how people respond =D

Dunno if the parrot is still hanging around but I'll throw my comments in here. I think reskins and the like are pretty cool, but it seems like you barely have enough people working on skins as it is with the rate at which they come out. Personally from a marketing point of view I think releasing re-colors or 'costume changes' would water down the skin market.

I've seen hundreds of very popular well thought out skin ideas that are beloved by nearly the whole community that will never see the light of day. Personally I think if you were to ask anyone if they would like to see more community skins or more 'costume changes' the answer would be pretty obvious.

On a side note as I always say. I feel like you shot yourself in the foot with Leona. Her base skin is just way to cool. I would never buy a skin for her in a million years because nothing could ever compare.

XNinjaFuHiya

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
Yeah, kinda makes me sad xD
Allow for 5v5 on Twisted Treeline

DarkDre

12-27-2012

@IronStylus
Why not have something like this. Sort of on the Pulsefire Ezreal state . You buy a skin that basically is your level 6 upgrade of your deafult skin. Then you can buy the next tier which upgrades your character at level 11, then level 16. Of course the prices would have to be in a good range. Basically it's just how strong your character starts go get the more pieces of the final costume are put together. Even things like for AD carries lets say. Achieve 150 ad. Their weapon look gets enhanced. For tanks and bruisers achieve 100 Armour or Magic Resist their armour look gets enhanced. Mages would be the same with the whole AP and whatever their weapon or magic style is used gets enhanced.

And note by enhanced I mean the look just changes.

So whaddaya think?

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-27-2012
13 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
Mass update and bump. Once again, IronStylus checks the other threads I linked so please refer to them if you want to be heard. As for the suggestions to add to the list, they have to be specific enough to be constructive (I can't simply add "your forum is outdated", tell me what you would like to see improved !). If there is another thread with a suggestion heavily upvoted please give me the link and I'll add it.
I do indeed check the other threads. Feel free to bring the feedback and ideas there. The discussion can be decoupled from here.

Thanks!

Exii

12-27-2012

Client feature:
- More post-game stats. One of the most often mentioned I have seen is gold income source breakdown
(Passive, Passive gp/5 items, minion kills, champion kills / assists, global objectives, and other (GP's Q + Ashe E + Avarice Blade))

- Ability to view all owned skins in the store.

- Ability to have something similar to the friends list that is called the following list which allows you to add someone but not message them, but can be used to add pro / well known players so you can spectate their games easily. (To prevent the issues that may arise here with people saying it can be used for stalking ect, it could be similar to riots approved steamers list where they have a list of pro players who you can see a list of and which ones are in games.)

- Replay Feature. Nuff said?

- Dominion / TT: Ranked modes (solo queue for TT)

- Last but not least: Make it so I can open tribunal inside the client and do it there between games.

Dantus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

Quote:
That's another thing that interests me, the x2 or x10 scenario for skins. Is taking a champion's base theme and bumping it up a level or two cool? Artistically, it's pretty easy to do, but I can see how players might be like.. "Uh, that's just a fancy base, I feel cheated" or "Shouldn't this just be the new base?" I'm wondering if that'd be the case.

Yes, personally I'm also cool with "upgraded" versions of champions, it's something that I'm not sure we know how to do just right whilst managing expectations.

Welp, if you do like that armor design and want to see it as a skin, make a thread/poll and see how people respond =D

Just saying that this is something that me and a lot of people absolutely love.

This is what makes a lot of skins really good, imo, from things like iron solari leona to the new, unreleased lux skin, it makes the champion looks like they leveled up in some way, and its really awesome and badass.

Jazz Jeet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

bump

The Hearshot Kid

12-27-2012

Quote:

Solution: If you aren't simply doing re colors the skins would have to be out of base character. If you remade corki's ship It couldn't be his ship anymore, it would have to be different (not outlandishly different) but enough so that people wouldn't say"ok, this should just be base corki." It's hard to describe what I mean, but look at Ruthless pantheon. That's what this should be, I don't picture pantheon like walking around the fields of justice as ruthless pantheon, but as a skin? Sure! Here is an example of when you might run into issues: Myrmidon pantheon, I'm sure that skin fits this idea as well and it looks like it's just an upgraded model of classic pantheon this is when people might say "why isn't that the base model?" But I doubt u will run into issues with this at all if you did this idea. (as long as it doesn't hinder the production of new 975+ skins) Im not sure how much backlash skins that fit this idea have had in the past ( like recolors and such), but if they were 975 on release, and you are talking about making the same quality skins like the two i mentioned (the pantheon skins) for 520 on release? Sure I think we will all play ball

Jessemyn

12-27-2012

Not certain if anyone has mentioned this or not, but some of the newer skins do not have lower quality versions for the lower visual settings. Such as Firefox Ahri, and Arclight Varus.

This causes severe fps drops and in-game lag for older computers that need those lower settings to play effectively. (For clarification, the skins appear at max graphical setting no matter what your actual settings are in-game.)

Also, thank you so much for creating this thread. Amazing work and idea!

ratcharmer

12-27-2012

Something I haven't seen mentioned here yet:
A lot of skills (especially on older champions) have wonky hit boxes--that is to say where the skill actually lands doesn't quite match up with the graphic. I'd love to see some of these get fixed.