Riot we need more Shields.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mustaphah

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupportOrFeedTHX View Post
Also if nami looked like that.. regardless of shield I think people wouldn't be playing her.. they would be more fapping... and less playing..
I guess if pounding fish is what your into bro.

ArmySquirrel

12-27-2012

I agree. More shields needed.

High Rune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

needs a champ with a kit literally based off of their shield

similar to the paladin in d2, just no blessed hammers

Lemon8or

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
You are unworthy of the ways of the shield.

Get out of my sight at once.
lol I've always liked playing the tank role in other MMO so sword+shield was my thing. It's just you were trying to make a point with me on Jarvan which is my man-mode all in champs so I didn't like shield on him. How to make a shield champ that separates from Leona and Taric though? Leona represents everything a tank has been: initiate, take damage, CC, help your team does more damage. Taric is the magical knight: stun, heal your allies, shatter enemies' armor and boost allies damage output.

Best Philosopher

12-27-2012

I fully support this. Mostly cuz the pictures

Gives me my fantasy fix

smXho

12-27-2012

I was disappointed Draven doesn't have a skin where his weapon are bladed shields

Throwing shields and catching them is awesome, especially when you are dual wielding shields

Rule665

12-27-2012

I want a champion that ONLY uses a shield

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyko View Post
needs a champ with a kit literally based off of their shield

similar to the paladin in d2, just no blessed hammers
Have you ever played Ragnarok Online? Or RO for short? It was like the best game a couple of years ago along with Maplestory, Diablo and such.

Anyways, in Ragnarok Online, Paladins, Crusaders and Royal Guards have skills based completely on their shields.

Shrink
Shield Boomerang
Shield Charge
Shield Chain
Reflect Shield
Defender
Shield Press
Shield Spell
Earth Drive
Banding
Hesperus Lit

Attachment 582031Attachment 582032Attachment 582034Attachment 582037Attachment 582038Attachment 582746

Celebi

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule665 View Post
I want a champion that ONLY uses a shield
That's why a certain part of the community's been BEGGING for a dual wielding shield champion, that would use both shields to ram into people and smash their faces in with shields.

Maybe even use the shield as a boomerang like Paladins in Ragnarok Online, or Captain America from Marvel.

Celebi

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon8or View Post
lol I've always liked playing the tank role in other MMO so sword+shield was my thing. It's just you were trying to make a point with me on Jarvan which is my man-mode all in champs so I didn't like shield on him. How to make a shield champ that separates from Leona and Taric though? Leona represents everything a tank has been: initiate, take damage, CC, help your team does more damage. Taric is the magical knight: stun, heal your allies, shatter enemies' armor and boost allies damage output.
lol I was just messing with you. But anyways, this thread was never mean't to suggest that Riot should add shields on existing champions, even if shields would make anyone look better, even mages. Also, a shield champ that seperates from Leona/Taric? As in non-support themed? It's true shields are mean't to protect and therefore fall in the tank/support category, but that's why some of us have been asking Riot for a dual-shield champion, that would use the shields offensively, such as boomerangs, reflecting barriers or just dashing and smashing your face in with the shields.

Just think of a triangular shield, forced onto the ground, with a "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" voiceover, and a barrier that would redirect any skillshot thrown at you for the duration of the ability? How epic would that be?

Riot just has to open their minds to the possibilities, shields can be deadly weapons too.