Riot we need more Shields.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 45
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoYouEvenRiftBro

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon8or View Post
I stopped reading there. Really? How can you swing a huge axe to chop people with a shield? How can you use a lance with a shield?
doesn't have to be a large shield, bucklers, can be considered shields. Darius is a behemoth of a man and could wear one while still using both hands to swing his axe.

J4.. would be harder.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
I stopped reading there. Really? How can you swing a huge axe to chop people with a shield? How can you use a lance with a shield?
If you stopped reading there, then you have no imagination, I pity you. Was your childhood non-existent?

A shield gauntlet bro... Attach your shield to your arm, like Pantheon. And by having a vertical shield or a round shield, also known as bucklers, you could easily attach it to your fore arm without it bothering you.

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupportOrFeedTHX View Post
J4.. would be harder.
I went on lolking and checked all of J4's animations, he actually never uses both hands with his lance, the only time he does is when he ults, and he holds his lance with both hands as he leaps and then smashes it in the ground as the fake terrain rises up.

If he had a shield, it would be no problem.

Celebi

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimeyop View Post
+1 for well done troll
But I'm not a troll... Ask Taric.

Attachment 582017

Celebi

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
Leona and Taric are played a lot.. they are my main supports....

and are broken as **** in the support category atm with current patch updates. That aside I will upvote and agree shields are truly outrageous <33333

I think our Lord Iron Stylus will be the first to comment on shields and badassery, but will probably let you know... sometimes it will make them look worse off in-game. Splash art is one thing... moving and reactions with shields in a game are another.
I know, that's why I attached pictures of the two most glorious and best supports in the league. They're the best because they have SHIELDS!

Also, I thought about that, but then I reviewed Singed, Taric, Leona and Sejuani's running animations right after reading your comment, and it doesn't seem like much of a problem at all, you can see the champions clearly, the shields clearly, and nothing's cluttered or out of place.

DoYouEvenRiftBro

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
I know, that's why I attached pictures of the two most glorious and best supports in the league. They're the best because they have SHIELDS!

Also, I thought about that, but then I reviewed Singed, Taric, Leona and Sejuani's running animations right after reading your comment, and it doesn't seem like much of a problem at all, you can see the champions clearly, the shields clearly, and nothing's cluttered or out of place.
They designed them for use with shields. Trying to add shields onto chars that weren't intended will screw up animations, even how certain skills look.

Lemon8or

12-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
I went on lolking and checked all of J4's animations, he actually never uses both hands with his lance, the only time he does is when he ults, and he holds his lance with both hands as he leaps and then smashes it in the ground as the fake terrain rises up.

If he had a shield, it would be no problem.
His attack 3 animation, passive and critical attack actually use both hands. Also his dance indicates that he uses the lance with both hands efficiently. And I'm sorry but manly men don't need shields, example Japanese Samurai, Ninja. Sure the shield provides good protection but who needs a shield to defend when you can strike quick and swiftly. The best defense is a good offense. Pantheon actually uses his right hand to hold his shield. Attachment is weak and not reliable in real combat. It works for him since it's a full-size shield that he can uses to cover the whole body. A buckler is not a good choice against two-handed weapons in general.

Celebi

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
They designed them for use with shields. Trying to add shields onto chars that weren't intended will screw up animations, even how certain skills look.
I wasn't actually suggesting they add shields to existing champions, I was saying they should design more champions that USE shields... I thought the message was pretty clear.. I was just using Kayle and Nami as examples of improvement for design.

Celebi

Recruiter

12-27-2012

Quote:
His attack 3 animation, passive and critical attack actually use both hands. Also his dance indicates that he uses the lance with both hands efficiently. And I'm sorry but manly men don't need shields, example Japanese Samurai, Ninja. Sure the shield provides good protection but who needs a shield to defend when you can strike quick and swiftly. The best defense is a good offense. Pantheon actually uses his right hand to hold his shield. Attachment is weak and not reliable in real combat. It works for him since it's a full-size shield that he can uses to cover the whole body. A buckler is not a good choice against two-handed weapons in general.
You are unworthy of the ways of the shield.

Get out of my sight at once.

Krimson62

12-27-2012

all shields too big, not enough heavy armor!

Full mask, full platemail, shield, and badass weapon. I approve!!!

12345612 ... 45