Supports role info

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dmgovertime

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Causing Panic View Post
do it up im always looking for duo ques
Just so you know, with my new job, i dont get to play as much as id like to. so im not on a whole lot anymore. Ill definately be available all day friday though. love days off

Giveyoulag

12-26-2012

the other day, i saw a great support soraka at about 1370 ELO. not only did she boost her adc to hypercarry god mode form, she came to mid every now and then to gank with the jungler and get our mid back in the game as well. in teamfights, her positioning was solid, and her timing was perfect. at the end of the game, everyone knew that the soraka was a huge factor in our victory

Will447

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Support is useless, why go support when you can go like more damage. I found that two ADC are really good because if both farm then you have two farmed ADC and if one fails you just use the other. Or you can go adc and then like darius because darius needs a nerf and can carry any lane. Just my two cents of getting out of Elo Hell.

Aeshura

12-26-2012

Gotta say I'm really infuriated that ADC's think supports are babysitters...for them anyway. It's not just you and your lane. It's 3 lanes and 4 other people you have to look out for +sorakacoughshensupcough+ If my support leaves my lane he's probably helping jungle/mid/all of us (warding/counterwarding etc.) so at that point it's up to me to look after myself for a bit. oh your back support? glad to have you, in another thread someone said that it's more about jobs the lane needs, not what the role needs. I think this is what will offer the most flexibility in terms of the meta.

I'm suprised anyone would think of supports as a baby sitter, but I suppose if you want a binky then you would look to mom/dad (jungle/support) but you better be a good baby. I've been known to let whiny babies get near death before seeing if I want to save them.

Aeshura

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJackson1 View Post
Support is useless, why go support when you can go like more damage. I found that two ADC are really good because if both farm then you have two farmed ADC and if one fails you just use the other. Or you can go adc and then like darius because darius needs a nerf and can carry any lane. Just my two cents of getting out of Elo Hell.
or deeper in?

LogicalTautology

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeshura View Post
Gotta say I'm really infuriated that ADC's think supports are babysitters...for them anyway. It's not just you and your lane. It's 3 lanes and 4 other people you have to look out for +sorakacoughshensupcough+ If my support leaves my lane he's probably helping jungle/mid/all of us (warding/counterwarding etc.) so at that point it's up to me to look after myself for a bit. oh your back support? glad to have you, in another thread someone said that it's more about jobs the lane needs, not what the role needs. I think this is what will offer the most flexibility in terms of the meta.

I'm suprised anyone would think of supports as a baby sitter, but I suppose if you want a binky then you would look to mom/dad (jungle/support) but you better be a good baby. I've been known to let whiny babies get near death before seeing if I want to save them.
I've been a main Support player since before I hit level 30. And yes, the role is primarily to babysit the ADC and carry his useless ass to the 20-minute mark.

Disgruntler

12-26-2012

Quote:
Two ADC in one lane don't get farmed. If one fails, it's because the other got farm. But now you have one character who may be useful, and one who simply isn't.

On top of this, another damage dealer doesn't necessarily win fights, where the determining factors tend to be positioning and crowd control. Supports tend to bring swingfactor--the ability to either undo damage, lock down a target to have them neutralized, multiplying the damage of their team BEYOND what a single underfarmed damager would add, or more often a combination of all of the above.

You don't just bring in support because they can work with no farm--you bring in support because they can swing games with no farm.

Aeshura

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
I've been a main Support player since before I hit level 30. And yes, the role is primarily to babysit the ADC and carry his useless ass to the 20-minute mark.
well when you put it that way hehe.

but think of what you can do if you helped your jungle? or your mid? those guys love extra wards

LogicalTautology

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeshura View Post
well when you put it that way hehe.

but think of what you can do if you helped your jungle? or your mid? those guys love extra wards
I keep entrance to bot jungle permawarded, often both of them. Around the 10-12 minute mark, I'll sometimes to drop a ward at the mid entrance to Blue botside jungle (Wraiths).

Grahffz

12-26-2012

Quote:
Why would u go 2 adc in a ranked game? its an easy kill lane for bot because i will zone u guys out so bad with my op nidalee spears to the face