Stuck at 6 FPS random games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Im Not Jamie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

I load up fine into the game, then suddenly I'm stuck at 5-7 FPS. It happened earlier, and the only way I can fix it is restarting my computer.

Because force closing the client via Windows Task Manager and re-opening doesn't change anything. But the game I played before the one I got stuck at 5-7 FPS I had no FPS issues. I don't know why it is, and my drivers are up-to-date and the settings have never been a problem until recently like a month or two. Only got sick of it now because I'm tired of losing ranked games!

I usually am only just on Skype, iTunes and Facebook whilst on League of Legends.

Please help fix this.

Sincerely,

Jamie.

ImbaCloyd

12-26-2012

just close Facebook browser sometimes can cause low FPS.

Im Not Jamie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImbaCloyd View Post
just close Facebook browser sometimes can cause low FPS.
Sometimes I'm not even on the Internet or anything else but League of Legends and it still happens?

Im Not Jamie

12-26-2012

Bump.

Drushnell

12-26-2012

playing on a laptop? sometimes i have issues that seem to be related to intel speedstep.

Ubuntu

12-26-2012

USing any other programs?

AiZhiD

12-27-2012

This happened to me too. unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. -_-

asasdasasd

12-27-2012

Could be a problem with your game.
If its not, are you sure there is enough power going into your graphics card, or your clocks haven't been lowered just all of a sudden, it does happen.

Im Not Jamie

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drushnell View Post
playing on a laptop? sometimes i have issues that seem to be related to intel speedstep.
No I play on a desktop, but the problem hasn't occured since, I did lower my settings on the game, if it does happen again I'll post on this thread.

Thanks.

Im Not Jamie

01-17-2013

Okay, just lost a ranked game because I joined a game, now stuck at 10 FPS. All I had open was Facebook, Skype and iTunes (besides LoL). Then I closed everything, close client via task manager, reconnect and still 10 FPS. Not until I restarted my computer it's fixed.

What's causing this, and how do I fix it? Please help, I'm tired of losing elo for a reason I don't know how to fix.