Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigTallUgly

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa

You specifically said that they aren't releasing new content,
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
Hey all;

I'll get right to it - Riot has the wrong priorities. Instead of constantly releasing new champions, Riot needs to work on new competitive game modes.

So here's some advice Selcoppykins. At least read the first post of a thread before you go blowing your load all over in a fabulous climax of a response.

Baxter the Teddy

12-26-2012

Quote:
I'll get right to it - Riot has the wrong priorities. Instead of constantly releasing new champions, Riot needs to work on new competitive game modes.
And what MOST people are asking is "why?"

I am also curious what you have in mind. And what if the S3 changes do or do not fall under this category.

BigTallUgly

12-26-2012

Ok. Um. Why release new maps for competitive gameplay.

First of all, you must be playing a lot less of the game than I. Which lately has been about about 1 game per day. Anyways, I am bored out of my mind playing this one map.

Then there's the issue of ranked tournies. It really does make me throw up a little in my mouth whenever I see the same fat-faced asian nerd doing mid lane as he has for the past 2 years. Waddling out into mid lane and then proceeding to cs like he has for the past 3 years. And this is supposedly a competitive, high-stakes e-sports? Give me a break.

The aspect of the game that has been entirely, unquestionably lost is the need to be quick-thinking. The ability to outclass the opposition. Instead, each side engages in the same exact conflict as they have a million (probably literally) times before.

In conclusion, it kind of scares me that this isn't apparent to you. I am genuinely flabbergasted that you're failing to perceive the dickish behavior of Riot (release more and more skins, all but neglecting the actual game.)

Maybe Riot's on point here? Maybe all you kids need one map around which you can gather 'round, and happily watch your favorite teams clash for the rest of your lives?

I don't even know how to communicate across this premise without just saying that your frontal cortex should be BORED of processing this fixed-action-pattern of a gaming style that Riot has fostered here. I really don't.

BigTallUgly

12-29-2012

No reply from him, thats okay Big bump

BigTallUgly

01-01-2013

Yaaay bump from the new year!

BigTallUgly

01-03-2013

Have another

Selcopa

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTallUgly View Post
So here's some advice Selcoppykins. At least read the first post of a thread before you go blowing your load all over in a fabulous climax of a response.
reading comprehension not your strong point, it was in response to this

Quote:
The metric of creating new content.

From the set of real numbers.

Empty set so far.

Any uh any more questions
But you keep on trolling

BigTallUgly

01-04-2013

Uh okay, some non-sequiters from Selcopa, uh, nothing new there I guess.

Phale

01-05-2013

Riot is only 2 years old...let them grow and keep on tweaking things before they make big expansions lol? Blizzard is over a decade old and they still have huge problems when big expansions come out...We should appreciate Riot is being responsible and not pumping out "exciting" things for us just for money that have huge issues attached...they genuinely care about this game and want to make things with good quality ...[ and ofc a bit of money (; ]

EDIT : Chess has been around forEVER and it hasn't changed very much over time

BigTallUgly

01-06-2013

Um, that's like saying RNA polymerase has been around for a long time and hasn't changed...

...what now...?

I wouldn't say that Blizzard's expansions fail. They're the top MMO out there. Came out in '04 and still going strong - in fact, WoW has knocked down clone after clone and competitor after competitor. They just cater to a particular crowd. Which happens to be rather large. I'm not part of it, so I don't play the game.

About the whole content being released too soon - Riot does plenty of that. I remember off-hand several patches last year, one of which was the patch that had Pantheon's portrait revamp, that forced shutdown of ranked queue and unexpected problems. Victor had been disabled for quite some time, again due to issues. In short, Riot releases botched content all the time.

And what's especially troubling is that I do not hear/read any releases from Riot talking about the future of their game. All I see is an endless churn of tournies and new champion skins. And recycled, poorly-constructed and unimaginative champions. And more skins.

There is no talk of developing the game. There is no vision. I see a bunch of money-hungry shortsighted staff, just sitting on the current product, waiting until the game gets old and/or outdated.

That's what has me worried.