@ JesterCapp / Art Team [Official]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeoScout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

could you guys plz fix sivir face, make her more attractive ^^

TheChiatroll

10-05-2010

I'm also interested if you make the dances.

Your job sounds very vital since it sounds like you make the shape and motion parts based on ideas given to you then?

Or am I confused.

Can we have a details explanation of what you do so we can form better questions?

MMKH

10-05-2010

Is Riot looking for more artists or art interns? That's something I'm definitely considering to apply for next year.

If you do the rigging for the 3D models, can you share some tips for some of us community modders to learn from? Thanks.

Hospice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

how did you start animating? what sort of programs did you begin with? how did you arrive at riot?

Reppuken

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewScout
could you guys plz fix sivir face, make her more attractive ^^
It could be worse. Here's her old icon:

ILiekTehMudkipz

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppuken View Post
Thats ugly...

Anyways what is your thought on Lady Gragas and Cat girl Ez?

MeOdd8

10-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppuken View Post
true dat

JesterCapp

Technical Artist

10-05-2010
3 of 247 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabnitron View Post
Hey, Jester!

Of the three maps (Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline, and the upcoming Magma Chamber), which would say you are most pleased with the art design, which would you like to re-do if you you had the chance, and why/what would you do?
Hmm! Well, of the released maps I like the art direction on Twisted Treeline more because it has more ambient mood to me. The lights in Summoner's Rift are a bit washed out. I will also say, however, that we're bringing on a bunch of new environment artists these days and the Magma Chamber is looking AWESOME so far. I'm really excited to see how it turns out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My bear Tibbers View Post
Why is Ashe brown in game, and blue in the art?
Which art specifically? I think the new splash art represents her pretty well. That being said, she WILL eventually be getting a big graphical update along with many other champions (sorely needed probably, as she's one of our oldest characters!).

Skipping most other questions related to champ/ splash re-dos, as the answer in most cases is... probably!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
tell me gangster twitch is 975
Can't comment on pricing; sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkGibberish View Post
Are you guys working on making some sweet wall papers? I all the stuff you do, and I'm sure you could make some sweet stuff. I have the PENTAKILL logo as mine right now
That's a cool idea! I don't have any knowledge of wallpapers being created internally, but hopefully we'll eventually do this sort of thing. Meanwhile, the community has been making some awesome stuff! Maybe we'll release more source images like a high-rez pentakill logo eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato Cat View Post
What's your favorite piece of art you made that is currently in-game?
Honestly, I'm really happy with the Alien Heimerdinger custom turrets. I think they look good, and it felt great to add on some content that many players felt was sorely missing in the existing skin. Props to Drachis for his part in those turrets as well!

Oh, also, I really enjoyed animating Swain. In his main idle, I had a lot of fun animating Beatrice. (His bird... I named her that... >_>;; )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcuf View Post
How does it make you feel that Riot is using the Asian art for the website?
Great! We have some really talented people working with us from Tencent, and it's really inspiring to see other artists creating great images from your world. We'll probably continue to collaborate with them on future pieces!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogmarz View Post
Next legendary skin?
Sorry, I can't comment on this! Generally, I can't reveal anything about future content that hasn't already been announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walls View Post
what are your thoughts/opinions on the legendary twisted fate skin?
I think Magicians are pretty baller. I think it looks good, but I'd enjoy adding some new animations to spice him up a bit. Would be fun! No guarentee that this will happen tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoDown View Post
Why is new ashe's face so fat?
Because she eats too much cake. :C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Church View Post
How many people will post before you or another Art-Team person reply?
ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthulu View Post
Associate Technical Animator... you work on dances?!
Particles?
Shinies!?!

Who's been the most gratifying, overall, champion to work on thus far?
I work on dances, rigs, all sorts of animations, and script tools for the art team! I do not directly make particles.

Urgot was the first champion I was the main animator on, and he was REALLY challenging for me. He's a creepy, clunky quadraped with some oddly implemented moves. That being said, it was a huge thrill to see a champion I animated on released in game, and I think he turned out pretty cool! His dance is amusing. Watch him jiggle.

Now I just wish we'd buff him so I can E-Q spam people more. :B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinematica View Post
Do you guys have artistic freedom as far as style goes, or is all of your art restricted to guidelines?

I noticed the new art has really stepped it up a notch when compared to the old... Are you responsible for this? There has been drastic improvements over the last eight months.

Would you ever consider importing a Canadian to join the Riot art department?
This is a big question! We definitely have guidelines, but generally if the art department thinks of something cool and it doesn't disrupt gameplay, we'll do it. We always keep in mind the flavor of the world, however, and try to maintain a unified vision. This is sometimes a challenge as we're currently short an art director.

Thanks for the comments on our improvements! I'd like to think I was partly responsible, but it's a big group effort.

I believe there are already Canadians working with Riot, but I can't think of who off hand. D: But the answer is definitely yes. We're a very multi-national company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkGibberish View Post

You be a master of the photoshops! Love the Heimerdinger. XD

Go make that dude up there some more wallpapers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fufufufufu View Post
What's your Ping Pong ELO? (jk)

Why are you Shaco? (and that one of all the skins too >.<)
My Ping Pong ELO compared to other Riot Employees is probably 800. QQ

I have Shaco because I've always been JesterCapp on these internets and enjoy jester characters. I'm actually not a shaco player! I really love that splash art, however, and am happy with how the pose I did translated to the final image. Roadki11 and I collaborate on most of the splash art.

Okay, done with the second batch. I'll respond to more comments soon. Thanks everyone!

Decepticon

10-05-2010

Q - Lollipoppy. Halloween skin, Yes or no or maybe?

Q - Lollipoppy. Legendary skin, Yes or no or maybe?

Turtle Dragon

10-05-2010

Why does the art team design most females with big boobs?