[HOW-TO] Change your IN-GAME and PVP.net voice-overs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

All the characters are silent and the announcer doesnt work, the only thing i got working is the korean voices on champion select. I did everything you said exactly how you said it, did you really leave out an instruction like the dude above said?

odellus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat View Post
All the characters are silent and the announcer doesnt work, the only thing i got working is the korean voices on champion select. I did everything you said exactly how you said it, did you really leave out an instruction like the dude above said?
you missed something, works perfectly for me

Yuè

12-25-2012

Yeah the korean voice overs work fine, it's just that I can't get even get the process to download the chinese one to start.

Konzart

12-27-2012

So I've done the steps exactly as they are written a couples times over and it won't seem to work in game, is there anyway else? I copy and pasted the files in their new respective folders and renamed them all correctly and used notepad++ to replace VOBank_ko_KR with VOBank_en_US. I think my mistake may be in the renaming of the fev file in notepad++, but when I click to rename it is already called LOL_Audio_en_US.fev because I renamed it in the folder. Any advice?

Spears

Recruiter

12-29-2012

I messed up something, Do i need to redownload?

Kutchiyoseijutsu

Recruiter

12-29-2012

Doesn't work for me...
I tried 5 times over the WHOLE PROCESS
I read and read instructions over and over..
I get the first part where the sound changed in champion select...
but in-game voice is silent..and i see no typo :/

Kosheh

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu View Post
I tried using zh_CN to try and get the chinese voice overs but when I load the league client, I get the launcher, then a window box that says

title_error_update_completed_in_fa(cuts off here)

error_generic

2 buttons -> button_continue | button_sendlog

The upper update bar is stuck at 33% text_complete step_title_calculate_work
The bottom is at 2/2:text_calculating
It worked to get the Korean voice overs but it's not for the chinese ones. In a previous post, you said to just replace the ko_KR with zh_CN, but it's not working.
I was actually messaged within League on this.
You have to download the Tencent Chinese LOL client, as LOL's other foreign files aren't held on the Riot servers due to licensing rights.

Likewise, in order to obtain the Vietnamese, Thai etc. game files you'd have to download one of the Garena versions of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat View Post
This sounds like you're not doing something correctly within the Korean .fev.
Rename your old English files and rename the Korean files to the English ones. Then follow what was stated in the guide regarding the text editor.
My personal reccomendation is Notepad++.
IIRC the Korean filetrees for each voiceclip are prefaced with VOBank_ko_KR, and with "/Korean/ko_KR[soundclip]". Make sure in this instance you're replacing the entire string "VOBank_ko_KR" with "VOBank_en_US". If you just replace "ko_KR" with "en_US", you'll accidentally overwrite the filetrees (within that /Korean/ path, and that's what you don't want, and that also sounds like what you're accidentally doing)

I thought I made that part clear in my guide. @_@

I'll try my method one more time to ensure that nothing's been changed up.

you know, i'm actually pretty blown away by the fact this thread has 14,000+ views. that's gotta be the most views for a single thread i've made on any forum ever, lol

Mybutt

12-31-2012

I'm also having the same problem, everything is silent in game, followed it correctly, didn't over write any of the file trees, any suggestions?

Ghoeb

01-01-2013

UUh, ty, i'll be trying this. It is possible to change the In-Game character voices only? Its kinda useful to understand what the announcer is saying. I dont speak korean...but it sounds cool! BTW, Anyone knows if there is going to be a Japanese server with its own voiceovers? I need my LOL in jap :B

I totally agree with the "Lame Localization". My native languaje is spanish and i tell you: The spanish voiceover is AWFUL and kinda ridiculous. Well, maybe im not used to gaming in a languaje that's not english XD

The Ace Darius

01-05-2013

I need help doing this i keep messing up on it and it's confusing >.< especially at the end with the LOL_Audio etc... i can only make the champion selection korean but not in game