[HOW-TO] Change your IN-GAME and PVP.net voice-overs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sorarara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I got it working, I think he missed a instruction in there thats why its all silent.

KoreaNuclear

12-15-2012

Hope this works on season 3

dmok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2012

Is there a way to just change the voice of a single champion to another language? I've been fiddling with the sound files and trying old outdated methods I've seen from years-old forums posts, but can't get it to work. The closest I've gotten is making some of the sounds work, but they get cut-off mid-sentence.

Maybe there is a simple way of doing it that I've overlooked, and I've been over-thinking it.

Anybody done this that can help me out?

KoreaNuclear

12-18-2012

So, how will we be able to update the VO? Redo the steps?

KoreaNuclear

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmok View Post
Is there a way to just change the voice of a single champion to another language? I've been fiddling with the sound files and trying old outdated methods I've seen from years-old forums posts, but can't get it to work. The closest I've gotten is making some of the sounds work, but they get cut-off mid-sentence.

Maybe there is a simple way of doing it that I've overlooked, and I've been over-thinking it.

Anybody done this that can help me out?
That sounds like a lot of work considering how you might have to fiddle with the code editor..

dmok

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoreaNuclear View Post
That sounds like a lot of work considering how you might have to fiddle with the code editor..
I'm willing to try if I only knew how. I messed with it for about 6 hours yesterday. Reading up on old outdated methods, hunting down programs to view, extract and rebuild the sound banks, downloading and replacing foreign language sounds, editing .fev/.fsb files. It felt like putting together a jigsaw puzzle in a windowless room at midnight while wearing a blindfold. Posting here asking for help is my last resort before giving up completely.

All I want is to have French Fiora and German Orianna in my game, is this so much to ask? ;_;

odellus

12-24-2012

is there any way to keep the korean font for everything but have it in english? it's so much better looking than the standard NA font

CDGM Okami

12-24-2012

my question is... why can't Riot just install it so we can have languages installed into what ones we want? so that they have the ingame and the champion select in Different languages at choice and can only change it as a selection with each patch. or at out own having to redownload the last patch?

Folkkk

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehOkami View Post
my question is... why can't Riot just install it so we can have languages installed into what ones we want? so that they have the ingame and the champion select in Different languages at choice and can only change it as a selection with each patch. or at out own having to redownload the last patch?
That's exactly what I want.

Yuè

12-24-2012

I tried using zh_CN to try and get the chinese voice overs but when I load the league client, I get the launcher, then a window box that says

title_error_update_completed_in_fa(cuts off here)

error_generic

2 buttons -> button_continue | button_sendlog

The upper update bar is stuck at 33% text_complete step_title_calculate_work
The bottom is at 2/2:text_calculating
It worked to get the Korean voice overs but it's not for the chinese ones. In a previous post, you said to just replace the ko_KR with zh_CN, but it's not working.