~~Innervation's ARAM Tier List (pants optional)

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ihaveapotion

12-23-2012

sejuani is one of the best tanks for pg, amumu is incredibly weak since he forces your team to initiate on his initiation, early game that is usually impossible against a aoe ranged team, and thus hes useless till 6 (and lost a tower already thus by that time)

the best tanks for aram are singed for his fling, sejuani for her massive aoe slows and escapeabillity after, alistar for his heals and singling out a champ and definately maokai for his addition aoe harass (though i prefer to build him ap in aram)

DarkSniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveapotion View Post
sejuani is one of the best tanks for pg, amumu is incredibly weak
I stopped reading right there, cuz you're out of your mind. hard cc engage, percent aoe damage, strong tank stats, aoe cc ult. I'm at half mast just typing it.

About the tier list. I think urgot can be bumped up straight to tier 1, he's pretty easy to play (E - QQQQQQQQ), has sick damage output in fights, good harass, and can b built quite thick. Kha'zix as well I thought was underrated, though maybe thats just me being biased from loving kha'zix. Otherwise quite the good list. I'd say assassin's deserve at least a mention, aka akali, zed, ad talon, kha'zix, rengar.

FDru

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by innervation View Post
Fiddlesticks - I'm not sure why I don't see more complaints about him. His dark wind zones teams out of cs. His 'q' serves as a set up for more / short range poke from the team, and both of these skills are soft ccs that prevent counter poke.
I play Fiddle all the time, he's incredibly good. I think the main problem is that people try to build Fiddle glass cannon AP, when he really shines when rushing to max CDR (or almost max) and abusing his exceptional utility. I used to build CDR boots + Athene's but now I build Athene's + Morello (which with masteries adds up to 39%) and I usually rush these first thing and don't regret it.

Veigar is easily god tier as a mage, if you level his skills R>Q>E>W. Honestly, Event Horizon alone makes him valuable to any team, but his damage potential is through the roof as well. Dark Matter has an absurd base damage and 1:1 scaling, but it's useless if you can't land it; that's why it's so important to rank up Event Horizon first. Lowering the cooldown and increasing the duration of that stun is too good of a deal to pass up and will allow you to hit a Q>W combo on anybody every 10 seconds or so with max CDR, which is worth delaying leveling up Dark Matter. BTW, maxing CDR on Veigar is also well worth it, and you can still get over 700 AP pretty easily as long as you're getting kills. He has great sustain with his single-target damage and a WotA (which provides utility to the team) and is an incredible pusher and farmer. He really has everything and will easily carry when played well.

Kadajko

12-24-2012

AP Ezreal belongs either in God poke or God mage Tier. He actually has higher damage output than all the champions OP mentioned, and doesn't lack spam-ability too.

innervation

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I play Fiddle all the time, he's incredibly good. I think the main problem is that people try to build Fiddle glass cannon AP, when he really shines when rushing to max CDR (or almost max) and abusing his exceptional utility. I used to build CDR boots + Athene's but now I build Athene's + Morello (which with masteries adds up to 39%) and I usually rush these first thing and don't regret it.

Veigar is easily god tier as a mage, if you level his skills R>Q>E>W. Honestly, Event Horizon alone makes him valuable to any team, but his damage potential is through the roof as well. Dark Matter has an absurd base damage and 1:1 scaling, but it's useless if you can't land it; that's why it's so important to rank up Event Horizon first. Lowering the cooldown and increasing the duration of that stun is too good of a deal to pass up and will allow you to hit a Q>W combo on anybody every 10 seconds or so with max CDR, which is worth delaying leveling up Dark Matter. BTW, maxing CDR on Veigar is also well worth it, and you can still get over 700 AP pretty easily as long as you're getting kills. He has great sustain with his single-target damage and a WotA (which provides utility to the team) and is an incredible pusher and farmer. He really has everything and will easily carry when played well.
Agreed on Fiddles. My main argument on Veigar is the skill gap thing. Yeah, a good Veigar is God Tier - damage and sick stun. But a poorly played veigar is really bad. Unlike a bad blitzcrank - blitz can be terrible, but land 1 grab out of 20, and its still useful. Bad viegars die to assassins before using a skill, or blow their horizon stunning no one, and gives the other team a really easy initiate. A blitz misses a grab, its still not a free initiate for the enemies. To me, that's the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadajko View Post
AP Ezreal belongs either in God poke or God mage Tier. He actually has higher damage output than all the champions OP mentioned, and doesn't lack spam-ability too.
He's good, but 90% of his damage is dodgeable. I will add in AP ezreal in the mage category somewhere, probably tier 1. thanks!

Kadajko

12-24-2012

Quote:

He's good, but 90% of his damage is dodgeable.
That's how it works I guess, yes. Those are called skill-shots for a reason. Then again Nid spear can be dodged too, and she is considered good by most.

innervation

12-24-2012

mhmmm and hard ap nid falls off end game for a reason. Ez does too. But his early game poke still doesn't hit nidalee levels, nor does he have a heal, nor a 4 second cooldown on his phase shift.

Kadajko

12-24-2012

Quote:
mhmmm and hard ap nid falls off end game for a reason. Ez does too. But his early game poke still doesn't hit nidalee levels, nor does he have a heal, nor a 4 second cooldown on his phase shift.

No, no, no. What are you talking about? O.o
Late game is EXACTLY where AP Ezreal really excels, and the early game is where he is really lacking.
The longer the game, the stronger the AP Ez. He is a hyper carry, and ends up with the highest damage dealt through out the game, more damage than Kat, more damage than AP Yi, more damage than any AD carry.
He carries the team when Everyone has a full 6 item builds, and can one shot non tanky people with one power rotation at that stage of the game.

Oh, and with a 40% cdr, if you hit your Q you can shift every 5.6 sec, and if you hit 2 Q's then 4.6 sec.

DarkSniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

caster's by their very nature fall off late game because of how spells and MR scale. and the only person ur ever gonna 1 combo with ap ez is someone with 0 MR. also using phase shift offensively is dangerous at best, suicidal at worst. he's not bad, but id put him tier 2 at best, mostly cuz of the long CD on his ap scaling spells.

Garlyle Wilds

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSniper View Post
caster's by their very nature fall off late game because of how spells and MR scale. and the only person ur ever gonna 1 combo with ap ez is someone with 0 MR. also using phase shift offensively is dangerous at best, suicidal at worst. he's not bad, but id put him tier 2 at best, mostly cuz of the long CD on his ap scaling spells.
Lichbane essentially gives him a .95 scaling spell in Mystic Shot on a 3-4 second cooldown. Very few mages can say they have that much. His Essence Flux is a 9 second cooldown, which can be reduced by about 3.5 seconds via CDR and another second every time Mystic Shot hits.

The combination of low cooldowns and high scaling make AP Ezreal a fantastic lategame mage. Typically what holds him back in other modes is that it really is a lategame-specific build, and no matter what lane he's in he'll have comparative trouble farming. In Proving Grounds, that's almost a nonissue.

Also, OP: Massive cool points for having multiple tier lists based on different functionality

123456 ... 7