The Story of Vi's music

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praeco

Composer

12-23-2012
10 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond Law View Post
I like the concept of Vi, but I wonder why you guys made her Piltoverian instead of a Zaunite?
Whenever I talked to our lore people, I got the impression that despite being pretty crazy and somewhat of a nutcase, deep down, she still has a good heart... She surely is quite edgy, and if you mess with her, she will eff you up. Still, imagine the scenario of some people being stuck in a burning house, and she would be like "Ah ****, well, here we go again!", and go get them outta there. She is not mischievous, just rebellious. Good guy Iain from our Lore team explained her character to me like this when I met up with him to talk about her. So I think she fits into Piltover very well.

Ghimno

12-23-2012

Vi's theme is one of your absolute best Praeco. This is why I dream of working at riot, you guys are so awe inspiring and forward thinking ^^.

AlexanderXI

12-23-2012

It was done very well. I was kind of surprised when it loaded up. So much so that it stopped me from logging in immediately like I normally do.

Gingervite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

@Praeco Was it also your idea for the narrative for Elise? This comes in second only to that narrative, it really added to the character for me. This did as well, enough so that I'm saving up for Vi where as before I was undecided, but I'd still like to see more narratives.

Xoripan

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praeco View Post
Whenever I talked to our lore people, I got the impression that despite being pretty crazy and somewhat of a nutcase, deep down, she still has a good heart... She surely is quite edgy, and if you mess with her, she will eff you up. Still, imagine the scenario of some people being stuck in a burning house, and she would be like "Ah ****, well, here we go again!", and go get them outta there. She is not mischievous, just rebellious. Good guy Iain from our Lore team explained her character to me like this when I met up with him to talk about her. So I think she fits into Piltover very well.
Hey! Zaunite aren't mischevious, they just don't understand that silly concept of morals that limitates their freedom.

Zaun is like Rapture (Bioshock)

nqcKratos

12-23-2012

Man, thanks for this music. I was on the fence about Vi and the first time i heard the login music it was like she had just punched me in the face, it was such a shock and a nice change. Also thanks for the free download. Keep up the great work ^_^

Treum

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

sick!

Desmond Law

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoripan View Post
Hey! Zaunite aren't mischevious, they just don't understand that silly concept of morals that limitates their freedom.

Zaun is like Rapture (Bioshock)
So Vi is more Chaotic Good whereas Zaunites are Neutral Evil.
They aren't hard core evil, they just like to do things their way.
I wish the lore would have Vi and Viktor meet up. I wonder how they would react to each other.

RiotZeronis

Concept Artist

12-23-2012
11 of 12 Riot Posts

Awesome work Praeco! I love the soundtrack of Vi! Thank you sir~

Happykitty666

12-23-2012

The login song sounds like a crappy paramore song or something. Not to say that Riot is like a bad punk band, but please stick with more epic ambient music (like diana's). I have to mute this login music, nothing against you personally, but that type of music just sounds bad and isn't meant for lol imho.