if you need advice from a 2k elo player about anything in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneTobi

12-21-2012

Who do you think is the best (AP) champion to carry a team

I try to play (or at least try) all AP mid champions but I think I'm 'best' at:

Cassiopeia, Zyra, Diana, Elise, Morgana.

^ Champions I play when I am playing "seriously"

I really enjoy playing Elise but I feel like even when I'm fed the damage is slightly lackluster

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
Who do you think is the best (AP) champion to carry a team

I try to play (or at least try) all AP mid champions but I think I'm 'best' at:

Cassiopeia, Zyra, Diana, Elise, Morgana.

^ Champions I play when I am playing "seriously"

I really enjoy playing Elise but I feel like even when I'm fed the damage is slightly lackluster
all of those champions are good choices

Qsario

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
1) Max shatter then heal
2) faerie and wards, philo, boots, kage pick, sightstone, ruby sight stone, bulwark, shurelias true ice shard, more wards
You don't start flask+wards & rush sightstone? I'm finding that's a more efficient start, simply because I save so much gold on wards and have more sustain than philo gives by remembering to use my flask all the time. Yes, it's not much, but if you compare it to how long it takes the philo to regen the same amount of HP/mana, it looks surprisingly good.

The hard part about doing this is that you really have to stretch out your first few wards or you go dark before you can afford the sightstone unless you get an early assist. So you want to have some idea of when their jungler is likely to gank so that you don't put out your ward way too early (or too late...)

Cardboardowl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
You don't start flask+wards & rush sightstone? I'm finding that's a more efficient start, simply because I save so much gold on wards and have more sustain than philo gives by remembering to use my flask all the time. Yes, it's not much, but if you compare it to how long it takes the philo to regen the same amount of HP/mana, it looks surprisingly good.

The hard part about doing this is that you really have to stretch out your first few wards or you go dark before you can afford the sightstone unless you get an early assist. So you want to have some idea of when their jungler is likely to gank so that you don't put out your ward way too early (or too late...)
I dont really like the flask on supports u can do what u want tho

King Killa III

12-22-2012

you should really do lessons or somthin for people who are in need and sht lol.

Cardboardowl

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Killa III View Post
you should really do lessons or somthin for people who are in need and sht lol.
thats what the chatroom is for

Cardboardowl

12-23-2012

bump

OneTobi

12-23-2012

What are your thoughts on the following Irelia's item order and starting item:

Starting item:
1) Boots 3pot (4 if staying at base), or
2) Flask, 5pot, ward

Item build:
Phage -> T1 boots (if I started flask 5pot ward) -> Stinger -> Zephyr -> Trinity -> GA -> Wit's End

Do you think it's better to rush TF or Zephyr first?

Also, am I building Wit's end too late? I was thinking of rushing Wit's right after a phage and T2 boots.

Cardboardowl

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTobi View Post
What are your thoughts on the following Irelia's item order and starting item:

Starting item:
1) Boots 3pot (4 if staying at base), or
2) Flask, 5pot, ward

Item build:
Phage -> T1 boots (if I started flask 5pot ward) -> Stinger -> Zephyr -> Trinity -> GA -> Wit's End

Do you think it's better to rush TF or Zephyr first?

Also, am I building Wit's end too late? I was thinking of rushing Wit's right after a phage and T2 boots.
dont get zeph if you get mercs.

Also phage into wits is very solid. I would get GA last.

AsianDiction

12-25-2012

Hey Cardboard, been reading the thread and love the help you given to the community like Ken has. I know this has been addressed, but you say Lee is for utility, not damage. However, ShakeDrizzle clips have him dueling 1v2s or insta gibbing the carries and getting out. His guide also recommends maxing Q for the burst.

Is it just his playstyle of damage Lee? I play Lee quite a bit and I max Q, considering I'm ganking more and I can't always rely in solo q of my teammates following up.

Thanks in advance!