[SWAIN] Torment? Not what I was promised

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fyrepyro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

I was under the impression that from the champion spotlight and from reading his abilities that Torment would be a spell like that from DotA's Witchdoctor (Maledict). Upon playing swain I noticed that that is not the case and that it's just an increased damage debuff for the short 4 second duration.
I'm not sure if this is how it was supposed to be but it's not "Multiplicative" as Phreak stated in the Champion Spotlight.
This is the ability I was most excited for but now it just feels like a crappy single target Vladimir ultimate and it's very lackluster.
I hope this gets cleared up as I was expecting Maledict, not a boring DoT.

Excludee

10-05-2010

This is not the first time Riot removed a cool mechanic and replaced it with a boring one.

Fyrepyro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2010

This was the main reason I was excited for my champion. I am just disappointed. He's boring now.

durpado

10-05-2010

Ding! ^

Byronik

10-05-2010

cry more?

Steve Silvestri

10-05-2010

He's still a totally awesome champ.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

10-05-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

It was that way when I recorded it. Then I was at WCG and couldn't make updates.

We changed it because he had no direct damage, so it was weird to have this front-loaded damage amp be really useless since he had no innate front-loaded damage. Players felt like they were missing out on a potentially cool ability, so we decided to save it for someone who could make use of this mechanic. This way you don't feel bad for having DoT skills.

I'm sure we'll see the old version of the spell back some day on someone else

Neroxio

10-05-2010

The ****, i wanted maledict in LoL

Xetelian

10-05-2010

Totally awesome at sucking.

Bolshoi

10-05-2010

Ya know, it doesn't really change anything. It's a cool mechanic on paper that'd be hardly noticable in game. Your skill order is still the same.

Also, what Phreak said. Get that mechanic on a nuker, not a DOTer

1234511 ... 14