Why we hate Elo-Hell believers

12345612 ... 25
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seiichi

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelohel View Post
And then in your next game you get a Soraka who sits back just casting wish to absorb assists without providing anything else to fights. You lose but she's 0/0/8.. guess her elo goes up.

Except when I go 10-2-15 in mid her 8:0 doesnt compare to my 25:2 so she is not accredited as a contributing force.

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiichi View Post
Except when I go 10-2-15 in mid her 8:0 doesnt compare to my 25:2 so she is not accredited as a contributing force.
You can play with numbers all you'd like, the point is that it's a flawed idea. You could get 5 early kills and go afk with the confidence that your score is good enough to warrant a gain..

Swiftblood

12-22-2012

Elo hell exists, I was in it, I tend to play ranked games when I'm inebriated so it led to me ending up in less than 800 elo last season, this season i did the same thing right off the bat. ended up at 900 elo, but I was able to carry myself up and out of it, still climbing and winning my main lane easily at 1260 elo now. So I'd like to say it does exist because it was so hard for me last season to win at all with all the **** that happens in low elo. Even in this season when i was 900-1000 I had a hard time, as soon as I broke the 1000 mark and my teams fed less I started on a massive win %, currently 39/28. I was 20/24 at one point. So the games getting easier for me as I go up in elo, thus, in my opinion, proving elo hell.

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

I fully agree that low elo is hell. Its just not inescapable. Is it easy or quick to get out of? No. But you can if you should be able to.

Swiftblood

12-22-2012

Quote:
I fully agree that low elo is hell. Its just not inescapable. Is it easy or quick to get out of? No. But you can if you should be able to.
I agree with this statement fully, it took me a week to go from 900 to almost 1300 elo now

BigTallUgly

12-22-2012

Quote:

The gap that exists between normal players and people who can actually play the game is too big.

I'm not a little kid. I'm not a bad gamer. I just dont have the time to play thousands of games perfecting all the lanes so that I can consistently carry 4 people who dont understand whats going on. I cannot make new accounts when I have the hang of the game to quickly gain elo once I lose the imporant first few on my main, thats it.

Even though I know how the play the game very well, I get matched in elo with little kids and quite frankly *******, lets admit it, they do exist, and I then dont have the time to spend to carry myself out of this.

Thats really the problem.

Thelohel

12-22-2012

If you don't have time to play ranked, I wouldn't stress about ranked.. if you CAN carry yourself out, seasons last for quite a while.. you should have plenty of time to slowly move up.

ADOLF SHlTLER

Master Recruiter

12-22-2012

Sigh...my record this season is 24-26 and the only reason I believe in elo hell is because it truly does exist. From my 26 losses about 6 of them have had at least one afk on my team, i have lost 2 games because of legit "intentional feeders" (yes, the dudes would walk up and dive from minute 1 and would go like 0-15 by 10 minutes), and about 10 games I have had an absolutely absurdly unskilled teammate who would just feed his lane and in some situations attempt to gank my lane and feed my lane instead, and then you have the games where you are up 10-15 kills and no one wants to cooperate so the other team takes advantage and comes back. Elo hell does exist, and every time I get myself to a few game from pulling away and rising above 1300, i get dragged back down. I have pondered solutions to this problem, but their is none, people just have to acknowledge when they lack skill at a game and should stop playing or play normal until they get better.

Seiichi

12-23-2012

Quote:
You can play with numbers all you'd like, the point is that it's a flawed idea. You could get 5 early kills and go afk with the confidence that your score is good enough to warrant a gain..

you obviously dont understand the numbers, if you go 5-0 and you afk, you get reported, for starters, so dont **** on my idea with this lame excuse. Second, if you go 5-0-0 and I go 10-2-10, your ratio now looks like ****, I dont want to award people that do a little, get a little better, and go afk, I want to award the guy goin 10-2 while his team goes 2-10, im not talking about a 5 point gap, Im talking a massive obvious gap in the players. Im not interested in how people can abuse the system, because the current system is BEING ABUSED nor am I interested in boosting elo gain, just cushoning elo loss, which creates an ideal situation for ranked games. If you know that not dying is important, you will play more carefully, and the ranked games we play will be better for it. Its not about rewarding good ratios as much as its about making people not want to feed. Its like the red camera lights, they put them up, then they put up big signs saying "red camera light, be careful" and noone runs that red light. Its not about catching people running the light, its about discouraging it.

Selcopa

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiichi View Post
you obviously dont understand the numbers, if you go 5-0 and you afk, you get reported, for starters, so dont **** on my idea with this lame excuse. Second, if you go 5-0-0 and I go 10-2-10, your ratio now looks like ****, I dont want to award people that do a little, get a little better, and go afk, I want to award the guy goin 10-2 while his team goes 2-10, im not talking about a 5 point gap, Im talking a massive obvious gap in the players. Im not interested in how people can abuse the system, because the current system is BEING ABUSED nor am I interested in boosting elo gain, just cushoning elo loss, which creates an ideal situation for ranked games. If you know that not dying is important, you will play more carefully, and the ranked games we play will be better for it. Its not about rewarding good ratios as much as its about making people not want to feed. Its like the red camera lights, they put them up, then they put up big signs saying "red camera light, be careful" and noone runs that red light. Its not about catching people running the light, its about discouraging it.
Is it possible that your lack of a fundamental understanding of game theory, unintended consequences and intangible actions that got you to the theory you've developed are also what cause you to be so bad at the game?

12345612 ... 25