Not sure if bug Neon Strike Vi's B or. . .

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravechaosknight

12-20-2012

Hi all,

I love Vi's Neon Strike skin. But something bugs me. When she b's she does that awesome animation with the cool ping sounds, but when she does the last one where she puts here hands up in the air I would think there would be one last sound effect to go with the final flash, but there isn't. Since it made it over from the PBE I guess it's intended. It just feels really awkward and unfinished. Other than that, I'm loving Vi's sound effect and visuals.

C3Sound

Associate Sound Designer

12-22-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravechaosknight View Post
Hi all,

I love Vi's Neon Strike skin. But something bugs me. When she b's she does that awesome animation with the cool ping sounds, but when she does the last one where she puts here hands up in the air I would think there would be one last sound effect to go with the final flash, but there isn't. Since it made it over from the PBE I guess it's intended. It just feels really awkward and unfinished. Other than that, I'm loving Vi's sound effect and visuals.
Hey Ravechaosknight,

Thanks for bringing this to attention. Unfortunately, this is a known bug and the fix is still in the works. The bug is not with the audio, but with the animation. This is affecting more than just Vi's skin, but many others including all the Snowdown skins. What is happening is that the animations are playing back at half speed, causing the audio to be out of sync.

Believe me when I say this kills me just as much as it annoys our players! Apologies for this nasty little glitch, and we hope to have a fix for it in the next patch!

Thanks Ravechaosknight!

- C3

Ravechaosknight

12-22-2012

Hello C3sound,

Yeah, like I said wasn't sure if it was a bug or not just noticed it seemed off. I'm sure I mentioned it in one of the official feedback threads(The ones started by rickless and gypsy) for her on the PBE.

I'm sorry to hear it's also found its way into other skins(I've been spectating some Kat games lately, and just now thought of how the swipe seemed off as well).

I trust you all know what you're doing though. Can't wait to see it in proper sync. It is my favorite B animation so far(and a lot of it has to do with the sounds). The sound effects really add a lot of character to the animation. Keep up the good work.

Rave