Some simple Volibear playability thingies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iklo

12-22-2012

Bump

Flewid

12-22-2012

The only thing I really agree with is that the cd and stack duration for his 'W' be adjusted. If you increase the range of it I believe this would be too much of an advantage for volibear. Overall, I think volibear plays just fine. I kick butt with him all the time. Yes there are times when I notice minor little things like flipping someone away from you versus behind you, but that doesn't happen too often to me. His 'Q' , ult are fine the way they are, and his passive is a life saver. Season 3 has taken some getting used to with all of the items that were removed and changed, but a solid build is still feasible. When it comes down to it, just like most other champion, you have to know what you're doing and how to take advantage of every aspect (positive or negative) of it. Volibear is a pretty good example of this.

Iklo

12-22-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

12-22-2012

Bump

Knight of Dusk

12-22-2012

Since I'm no big fan of just writing bump, here's Chinese Volibear growling for a solid minute:

http://youtu.be/-wdA_a-ehEc?t=1m34s

metalaug

12-22-2012

His Q and E sometimes reset jungle creeps. Please fix that.

Asdioh

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post
Since I'm no big fan of just writing bump, here's Chinese Volibear growling for a solid minute:

rofl.
i haven't been on lately, I see the thread now has red response O_O
cool stuff

Iklo

12-22-2012

Bump

A bouncy Furret

12-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of Dusk View Post

This sounds.... Raunchy....

JimMaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

@Volty

You said something about either removing the cast time on his ult or make it something worthy of the cast time.
What about make Volibear's ult activation something like a PBAoE where he is struck by a thunder that creates a singularity and attracts enemies to him? (like Orianna's ball)
Enemies further are pulled less, enemies closer are pulled more, take damage and maybe are CC`ed some way? Then you make the damage on his ult less because he would be able to stay on targets more and have a more powerful and reliable initiation.

Seems like something a thunder bear would do.

As I also mentioned, his W feels weird because while it`s not stacked if feels like he wasted 5 skill points on nothing and pushing the lane to keep the stacks is just terrible.
Can we get a remake on his W? something that would make us feel more "bearly" or more "thunder-ish"?
I was thinking about a low CD single-targeted skill. Instead of stacking Frenzy on Voli he would Stack it on enemies and refresh it on-hit. Every time he uses the skill he stacks the Frenzy on the enemy and only get the AS bonus while attacking that target.
The active on the W would deal AP based damage (clawing the enemy with an electric charged gauntlet), but after a max number of stacks (4 or 3) the next would still be an Execute that would deal damage based on health that consumed the stacks.

Then maybe the ult instead of pulling and CC-ing could pull and apply frenzy based on proximity to enemies? Idk, just some ideas to make Thunder Bear more Thunder-y. hahaha.