Is the match making system really that accurate?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roskosp33

12-22-2012

I can keep recording this data. And to solve your question about the win ratios percentages being off... I was recording what pick I was included games that players dodged in, as you asked. So with that said, all 20 of these qued games didn't result in actually playing a match. So my win percentages are based off of the matches played out of the 20 games excluding the games where a summoner dodged.

When I look back at my data, it looks like 6 of the 20 games were dodged.

Edit: I went over my notes and yes, I accidently sampled 21 games.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by roskosp33 View Post
I can keep recording this data. And to solve your question about the win ratios percentages being off... I was recording what pick I was included games that players dodged in, as you asked. So with that said, all 20 of these qued games didn't result in actually playing a match. So my win percentages are based off of the matches played out of the 20 games excluding the games where a summoner dodged.

When I look back at my data, it looks like 6 of the 20 games were dodged.

Edit: I went over my notes and yes, I accidentally sampled 21 games.
Yea, I'd rather have the raw data then percentages. In the future if you could post the data as total games in each position, games won, lost, dodged, instead of percentages, that would be helpful.

roskosp33

12-23-2012

Here we go, the next 20 games sample.

1st 3 games (2 win, 1 dodge)
2cd 2 games (1 win, 1 loss)
3rd 4 games (2 win, 1 loss, 1 dodge)
4th 1 game (1 loss)
5th 10 games (5 win, 2 loss, 3 dodge)

Is this more of the layout you were looking for?

Space God Astro

12-23-2012

Yeah, Ive been having the same problem, this thread helped a lot.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by roskosp33 View Post

1st 3 games (2 win, 1 dodge)
2cd 2 games (1 win, 1 loss)
3rd 4 games (2 win, 1 loss, 1 dodge)
4th 1 game (1 loss)
5th 10 games (5 win, 2 loss, 3 dodge)

Is this more of the layout you were looking for?
Yes.

And ALL of these are solo-queue, correct?

roskosp33

12-24-2012

That they are! If I duo, I don't record those games as part of my 20 for solo que.

Edit: I wanted to mention... I noticed my win rate as 5th pick went up. I am still getting stuck with support, but I decided to use more damage (either ap or ad depending on the champ) to try to help carry better in this role. By adding this damage I do not mean go glass cannon. I mean I am using a tanky mastery page for survivabilty, and I changed my runes so that I can implement more damage during trades with the enemy.

Surprisingly I have seen a lot of people lately that do not auto attack as support. Common excuses have been "I am oom." or "My auto attacks don't do much damage. It wouldn't make a difference anyway." I can't express enough how important it is to auto attack to help your carry do damage. You may die sometimes, but your carry will more often then not get a double sometimes a triple if the jungle comes. Now I am not saying to suicide just to auto the enemy, but try to auto more and I promise you will see a difference in your bottom lane phase.

roskosp33

12-26-2012

1st 0 games
2cd 2 games (2 win)
3rd 2 games (1 loss, 1 dodge)
4th 1 game (1 dodge)
5th 15 games (6 win, 5 loss, 4 dodge)

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-26-2012

These results are becoming very interesting.

Hopefully a red can comment on it, because at this point, I don't know what to tell you.

Out of curiosity, what champions do you typically support with?

roskosp33

12-27-2012

Taric, Sona, Nunu, Alistair.

Taric- usually pick against ez. The stun holds him nicely before he gets away. Best all around (peels, sustain, can soak DMG, good for winning exchanges, cant dive him). Great counter to blitz. Force pulls on yourself, then stun and attack the enemy ADC.

Sona- works well if you are on an aoe team or poke team. I find she lanes best with Miss Fortune. Their ults together win games. Very easy to play. Doesn't soak damage well at all or peel very well.

Nunu- he is a good mix between Taric and Sona. He soaks up lots of damage and has the ability to poke and harass. Using his ult can really save your carry. They either stand in it and get killed or they flash out. Either way it's good for you. His blood boil seems to work best with Draven or Kog'Ma. I find he doesn't do well against poke teams. They out range him.

Alistar- He is banned for a reason. I think he can really carry bot lane. He provides the most protection, some sustain, and can really set up kills for your ADC. After lvl 6 he is practically unkillable.

I do play some Blitz, but I find he is always banned. When he isn't, you usually have somebody pick him that doesn't know how to play him. They just pick him because he is "op" and they think they can't lose with him. Just catch him off guard and use the strategy I mentioned earlier. Make him pay for grabbing you. Use Taric, Leona, or Alistair against him, and let him pull you to his ADC. It's like he set up a kill for you. Morgana support is good as well. Spell shield makes his pulls useless.

This is what has worked for me, and I cannot promise it will work for everyone. You have to find your own style of play. Although, I do hope my advice has been some help.

roskosp33

12-31-2012

next 20 games sample.

1st 0 games
2cd 0 games
3rd 1 game (1 dodge)
4th 3 games (2 win, 1 dodge)
5th 16 games (6 win, 3 loss, 7 dodge)

1234567 ... 8