Ask the Thunder's Roar, v2

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
(It was not. xD)

Shyvana frowned, giving Volibear an unamused, almost challenging look at the glare she received. Even in her human form, she would not back down from the massive bear. But she was diplomatic enough to let him say his piece on the matter, and let it go.

"You're mistaken, Volibear." Shyvana said. "Even full dragons can take a humanoid form. Not convincing as a human, but it works. How else could a male dragon and a human woman produce a child?" She quirked a brow slightly. "Do you then believe that even a pure dragon's true form is his humanoid one, in addition to his draconic one?"
((That's diplomatic? You might have just implied that he, for some unknown reason, allowed his brother, the previous chieftain whom, might I add, Volibear was tasked with protecting, to die when he was clearly powerful enough to save him. Or called him a pampered cub who hadn't experienced enough to be challenged. And he didn't glare. He simply suggested with a flat, unamused stare.))

Volibear remained quiet as she corrected him, though the same could not be said of the summoner who had remained by the doorway, who possibly thought that the half-dragon wanted an actual answer.

"Umm...It was a small dragon?"

Volibear glared at the summoner and let out a growl at the response, but gave no answer of his own, instead choosing to move on to the next question.

"Of course not. But neither they, nor the frost dragons beyond the mountains are any more you than you are them. Your circumstances are different."

He brought a clawed paw to his chin in thought.

"What of your mother? Are you any more your father's cub than you are hers? Is her blood that runs through you somehow false, while only your father's is true?"

Ask Shyvana

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
((That's diplomatic? You might have just implied that he, for some unknown reason, allowed his brother, the previous chieftain whom, might I add, Volibear was tasked with protecting, to die when he was clearly powerful enough to save him. Or called him a pampered cub who hadn't experienced enough to be challenged. And he didn't glare. He simply suggested with a flat, unamused stare.))

Volibear remained quiet as she corrected him, though the same could not be said of the summoner who had remained by the doorway, who possibly thought that the half-dragon wanted an actual answer.

"Umm...It was a small dragon?"

Volibear glared at the summoner and let out a growl at the response, but gave no answer of his own, instead choosing to move on to the next question.

"Of course not. But neither they, nor the frost dragons beyond the mountains are any more you than you are them. Your circumstances are different."

He brought a clawed paw to his chin in thought.

"What of your mother? Are you any more your father's cub than you are hers? Is her blood that runs through you somehow false, while only your father's is true?"
"Of course not." Shyvana said, frowning at the term 'cub'. "My mother is a kind and brave woman. But the term for what I am is half dragon, not half human."

Ask Volibear

12-22-2012

Quote:
"Of course not." Shyvana said, frowning at the term 'cub'. "My mother is a kind and brave woman. But the term for what I am is half dragon, not half human."
Volibear seemed slightly amused when she frowned at being called a 'cub'.

"You will always be her little one, no matter how old you get. To an Ursine, that is a cub. Would you prefer it if I called you their hatchling?"

At her next comment, he shook his head.

"The term for what you are is 'not us'. Half-dragon is a term used by humans to remind both them and you that you are different from them. Dragons no doubt call you a half-human with the same purpose. Because of what you are, you are neither fully human nor fully dragon, a fact which neither race will let you forget if they can."

Ask Shyvana

12-22-2012

Quote:
Volibear seemed slightly amused when she frowned at being called a 'cub'.

"You will always be her little one, no matter how old you get. To an Ursine, that is a cub. Would you prefer it if I called you their hatchling?"

At her next comment, he shook his head.

"The term for what you are is 'not us'. Half-dragon is a term used by humans to remind both them and you that you are different from them. Dragons no doubt call you a half-human with the same purpose. Because of what you are, you are neither fully human nor fully dragon, a fact which neither race will let you forget if they can."
"...kind of." Shyvana said, giving Volibear a bemused look. "Hmph, if only dragon culture was kind enough to call me merely that. Tell me, are the dragons of the north as racist and bloodthirsty as the ones that hunt me?"

Ask Volibear

12-22-2012

Quote:
"...kind of." Shyvana said, giving Volibear a bemused look. "Hmph, if only dragon culture was kind enough to call me merely that. Tell me, are the dragons of the north as racist and bloodthirsty as the ones that hunt me?"
Volibear let out a snort that seemed partially laughter and partially dismissal.

"When we encounter each other, it tends to be one of us trying to hunt the other and survive. That does not leave much room for discussing things like racism or half-dragons. And I would call them more meat-hungry than bloodthirsty."

Ask Shyvana

12-22-2012

Quote:
Volibear let out a snort that seemed partially laughter and partially dismissal.

"When we encounter each other, it tends to be one of us trying to hunt the other and survive. That does not leave much room for discussing things like racism or half-dragons. And I would call them more meat-hungry than bloodthirsty."
"Hmph." Shyvana huffed. "Here in the warmth, they have plenty of time to spend their entire lives trying to hunt down dragons that dare breed with humans, and the 'mongrels' that come of it. I've never had to eat one, but I did rip the heart from one's chest and show it to him as he died."

Ask Volibear

12-22-2012

Quote:
"Hmph." Shyvana huffed. "Here in the warmth, they have plenty of time to spend their entire lives trying to hunt down dragons that dare breed with humans, and the 'mongrels' that come of it. I've never had to eat one, but I did rip the heart from one's chest and show it to him as he died."
"And how many dragons has the fourth Jarvan slain in search of glory and sport?"

Volibear growled, then decided to try another tactic.

"If a common Demacian were to have relations with a common Noxian and this were discovered while the Demacian was in his home city, what would be the outcome? How would Demacia react to this betrayal?"

((I'm going somewhere with this. Trust me, I am.))

Ask Shyvana

12-23-2012

Quote:
"And how many dragons has the fourth Jarvan slain in search of glory and sport?"

Volibear growled, then decided to try another tactic.

"If a common Demacian were to have relations with a common Noxian and this were discovered while the Demacian was in his home city, what would be the outcome? How would Demacia react to this betrayal?"

((I'm going somewhere with this. Trust me, I am.))
"It hasn't happened since I've been a Demacian." Shyvana answered. "I'm not sure. I do know that nothing has been done about Garen and Katarina having relations. Prince Jarvan even appointed Garen to watch over Katarina when she was investigating Kalamanda matters with the prince." She shook her head, smirking. "Seems like it's sanctioned."

Ask Volibear

12-23-2012

Quote:
"It hasn't happened since I've been a Demacian." Shyvana answered. "I'm not sure. I do know that nothing has been done about Garen and Katarina having relations. Prince Jarvan even appointed Garen to watch over Katarina when she was investigating Kalamanda matters with the prince." She shook her head, smirking. "Seems like it's sanctioned."
Volibear snorted dismissively, but it was the summoner who replied first.

"That's not the same!"

Volibear growled at the summoner's interruption, but waited for him to explain himself.

"The Might of Demacia is not only a member of one of the noble houses, but also a League Champion. He is constantly in the public eye, and is granted certain lenience due to his position. If he were to be suddenly demoted or executed for what might or might not have happened with the Sinister Blade, it would give Demacia a black eye. One they could, likely, ill afford."

Volibear nodded, returning his attention to the Half-Dragon.

"As it is, even with Jarvan's actions, how many Demacians are outraged because of what Garen did? How many are demanding punishment of some sort? How many would jump to carry it out if it were anyone less well-known, and be brandishing the Measured Tread as they did so?"

Ask Shyvana

12-23-2012

Quote:
Volibear snorted dismissively, but it was the summoner who replied first.

"That's not the same!"

Volibear growled at the summoner's interruption, but waited for him to explain himself.

"The Might of Demacia is not only a member of one of the noble houses, but also a League Champion. He is constantly in the public eye, and is granted certain lenience due to his position. If he were to be suddenly demoted or executed for what might or might not have happened with the Sinister Blade, it would give Demacia a black eye. One they could, likely, ill afford."

Volibear nodded, returning his attention to the Half-Dragon.

"As it is, even with Jarvan's actions, how many Demacians are outraged because of what Garen did? How many are demanding punishment of some sort? How many would jump to carry it out if it were anyone less well-known, and be brandishing the Measured Tread as they did so?"
"...many Demacians do get overzealous, yes." Shyvana admitted. "Many believe it's more wise to simply execute Katarina than try to make peace with her, despite how reasonable she has proven herself to be... what's your point?"

12345612 ... 14