I've had it with Kassadin. Fix him, or disable him.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genericke

12-21-2012

I didn't even just lose to him. I beat him and I'm still furious.

Nome, and any other reds who frequent the dominion forums. I know you guys pay attention to this, and that you're all well aware of how game-breaking Kassadin is.

This has gone on for far too long. He is single handedly ruining dominion games. I don't care if other champions like Shaco are making things difficult at low elo dominion. At high elo with dominion's most dedicated player base, Kassadin is making games toxic and anti-fun. It's a slap in the beard for teams to outplay one another, only to lose because of Kassadin's game breaking mechanics. It's an insult to players that have to work so hard just to overcome such an uphill battle the moment someone on the enemy team took this champion. Congrats you beat Kassadin. Do you know how frustrating it is to do that?

I don't know what has to be done to fix Kassadin, but riot has had over a year to figure it out. If he can't be fixed, disable him until it can be implemented.

We all know he is ridiculous, and we all agree that he's broken overpowered with literally zero counters (other than more skilled Kassadin). I'm not even joking. Ask any high elo player about Kassadin. There's a reason why Kass players are called K*******s.

This can't go on any longer. Please take our current Kassadin, and replace him with something balanced.

McBeard

12-21-2012

Nothing makes a complaint less valid than using the term "slap in the face"

Damieh

12-21-2012

We've all had it with kassadin =(. Unfortunately, there are tons of threads like this.

I hope something gets done! Disabling him till further notice seems like a nice choice right now. Either that or take the ability to jump through walls as foodfood once said. Long story short: I agree, something could be done to make all dominioner's life a little better =).

Sauron

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeard View Post
Fine.

I'll slap you in the beard!

NamKim

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeard View Post
For a complaint thread, it needs to fill in certain criteria.

When referring to a certain champion:

1) The problem is not just because the OP got dominated by this champion.
Quote:
I didn't even just lose to him. I beat him and I'm still furious.
OP did not get dominated by this champion. In fact, he even won against this champion. However, it was a frustrating experience.

2) Acknowledging that this problem has existed long enough that Riot should know about this problem and had time to fix it.
Quote:
This has gone on for far too long. I don't know what has to be done to fix Kassadin, but riot has had over a year to figure it out. This can't go on any longer.

Nome, Vesh, and any other reds who frequent the dominion forums. I know you guys pay attention to this, and that you're all well aware of how game-breaking Kassadin is.
The only thing I would point out is that Vesh is not responsible for balancing in any way.
So, you shouldn't drag Vesh into this since he cannot do anything. Asking him to do something he cannot do that he knows is a problem makes him feel bad. And that kind of makes me feel like a jerk.

3) Acknowledging that Riot is busy, but pointing out that their focus is wrong.
Quote:
I don't care if other champions like Shaco are making things difficult at low elo dominion. At high elo with dominion's most dedicated player base, Kassadin is making games toxic and anti-fun.
4) Explanation of why the champion in question is toxic.
Quote:
He is single handedly ruining dominion games. It's a slap in the face for teams to outplay one another, only to lose because of Kassadin's game breaking mechanics. It's an insult to players that have to work so hard just to overcome such an uphill battle the moment someone on the enemy team took this champion. Congrats you beat Kassadin. Do you know how frustrating it is to do that?
5) Back up his views with what the community thinks. For someone like Kass in Dominion, it's pretty obvious what the high elo players think of him.
Quote:
We all know he is ridiculous, and we all agree that he's broken overpowered with literally zero counters (other than more skilled Kassadin). I'm not even joking. Ask any high elo player about Kassadin. There's a reason why Kass players are called K*******s.
6) An alternative, even an extreme one, so Riot can see how desperate the player is to get this problem fixed.
Quote:
If he can't be fixed, disable him until it can be implemented.
But, I suppose I have to criticize one part and that's
Quote:
I want this Kassadin gone. I want him replaced with something balanced right now.
Since I find that demanding tends to make people not want to do the thing being asked.

Other than that, I find this to be a valid complaint thread. Excluding the ones that goes into great detail about why something is toxic, this is a good complaint thread. Also, I think we all know why Kass is considered Broken/Toxic.

AK47WOLF

12-21-2012

Can you explain to me why Kassadin is so problematic? I'm not trying to be smart, I'm genuinely curious. I've played over 500 games of Dominion and he's never struck me as a huge problem, nor do I see him often at all. I happen to think Jax ruins Dominion.

In any case, does it have something to do with the fact that Kass can just dance all day around a neutral turret and never let you cap it?

I'm just having difficulty visualizing the problem Kassadin is causing, because Dominion is typically dominated by bruisers who Kass doesn't do well against.

An explanation would be appreciated.

MajorUrsa

12-21-2012

Theres probably 6 topics just on Kassadin on the first and second pages alone. We knew we had a kass spammer in our queued game, so after the dodge we had to counterpick Kassadin to beat Kassadin.

Theres no counterplay. Pick Kassadin, outplay the other Kassadin, or hope the enemy kass has no idea what he's doing or builds incorrectly.

Kassadin's one of the few truly broken things holding back dominion from being relatively balanced. Theres other broken champions, but most of them can be counterpicked or outplayed to some extent, unlike Kassadin.

Orphane

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post
Can you explain to me why Kassadin is so problematic? I'm not trying to be smart, I'm genuinely curious. I've played over 500 games of Dominion and he's never struck me as a huge problem, nor do I see him often at all. I happen to think Jax ruins Dominion.

In any case, does it have something to do with the fact that Kass can just dance all day around a neutral turret and never let you cap it?

I'm just having difficulty visualizing the problem Kassadin is causing, because Dominion is typically dominated by bruisers who Kass doesn't do well against.

forum search kassadin here

do some research

take another step towards a deeper understanding of dominion

Devynity

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
forum search kassadin here

do some research

take another step towards a deeper understanding of dominion
or you could just answer his question

since it seems to be so blatantly obvious to everybody but him

take another step towards being a helpful person

Phourc

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47WOLF View Post

Really, what it is is the blink - on a map where mobility is king he has a super short cooldown, massive damage teleport, that gets stronger the more you spam it...

At my level, where I see Kassadin, he's going to silence me, poop on me, and blink away before I can do anything, rinse and repeat till I'm dead - at higher levels I believe they build tanky and AD or onhit and don't even have to worry about the running step.

Not sure on the specifics, I'm not cool enough to have problems with him. xP

12345 ... 7