Ask the Thunder's Roar, v2

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Volibear

12-19-2012

On one of the doors in the area of the Institute reserved for those Champions whose daily lives tended to keep them away, a sign was hung.

Quote:
Ask the Thunder's Roar
Inquiries To Be Made Within
Upon opening the door, which was large enough to easily allow for the passage of a fully grown and armored Ursine, one would notice a considerable temperature difference between the hallway and the room beyond, the colder room meant to better accommodate its Ursine occupant. However, within the room, one would not find the armored Chieftain, but an almost-nameless Freljordian summoner, a nameplate on the desk he sat behind identifying him as Summoner Bjorn.

On this summoner's desk sat a CrystalVision screen that the summoner would frequently check before writing something, likely the questions that appeared there, down in a notebook in front of him. Beside the screen were two mostly empty trays, one labeled Questions and the other Answers. Occasionally, the summoner would pick up the notebook and any questions that had been placed in the appropriate tray and take them through another large door to where Volibear himself would answer them, and through which those wishing to speak to him directly would go.

A sign on this door read as follows:

Quote:
Volibear, the Thunder's Roar

Notice: The Institute is not liable for the parting of fools from their heads. Consider yourself warned.

Pedrobear

12-20-2012

Volibear, Is it fun being able to control lighting?
I'd also like to add that you were my very first and favorite tank

Ask Volibear

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrobear View Post
Volibear, Is it fun being able to control lighting?
I'd also like to add that you were my very first and favorite tank
Summoner Pedrobear,

It is...satisfying, to feel the power of the Storm coursing through my claws and into my opponents, even more so when the summoner with whom I am communicating shows at least some skill in engaging them. As your favorite "tank," as you summoners call it, I can only hope that this skill is something you possess, or have developed over time. And that fate has decreed we have many victories, both past and in the future.

-Volibear, the Thunder's Roar

Emperor Titus

12-20-2012

What is your breakfast of champions? And what did you see in that vision when you came up the thunderous mountain?

Ask Volibear

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi the Great View Post
What is your breakfast of champions? And what did you see in that vision when you came up the thunderous mountain?
The summoner at the front desk frowned, vaguely remembering the Ursine Chieftain having answered these questions before. Deciding that it had been long enough since Volibear had answered them, though, he picked them up and took them to the back room, returning sometime later with the answers.

Yoshi the Great,

If, by asking about my 'breakfast of Champions,' you wish to find out what I eat to start my day, the answer is 'whatever I can find.' Fish from beneath the ice or whatever we can hunt and bring down on the tundra. When we can find nothing, we eat nothing.

When I climbed the sacred mountain to speak to the Storm and gain clarity from it, it showed me a Freljord consumed completely by war. On one of many battlefields, all of the Ursine fell dead. I saw my entire tribe, down to the last warrior and cub, killed, and will again if nothing is done.

But if nothing is done, if Freljord goes to war, this will not be an omen of things to come. It will be things as they are.

((If you asked a question in the old Volibear's thread (either my old one or Ask the Bear's), did not get an answer, and still want one, please repost in this thread. I'll answer them as I can.))

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Volibear,

DRINK of champions?

Ask Volibear

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Volibear,

DRINK of champions?
Geokhan,

Fresh water. Ice. Snow. It's everywhere.

If you want something alcoholic, try Volibear Vodka.

Ask Shyvana

12-20-2012

Hello, Volibear. I imagine you have never faced something that can match your power. What did you think when you first met me on the fields... and then, when I took my true form?

Ask Volibear

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Shyvana View Post
Hello, Volibear. I imagine you have never faced something that can match your power. What did you think when you first met me on the fields... and then, when I took my true form?
((Was the comment about facing something that can match his power meant to be an insult? Because it could easily be taken as one.))

Volibear looked down at Shyvana, clearly unamused by her attempt at a compliment, if indeed it was one.

"Choose your words carefully, half dragon. What you might see as an idle compliment, perhaps even flattery, another might see as an insult, or even foolishness. Do not presume to know, or even imagine, what I have faced or not faced, or what can and cannot match my power. Especially without ever having traveled north of the mountains."

He checked the fastening of his gauntlets and clenched and unclenched his paws, then continued speaking.

"There, where we make our home, survival is more than a match to most people's power. The weather is unforgiving and the storms will rip the flesh from your bones. What we call prey can take the life of a fully grown Ursine, even a Chieftain, and has in the past. Those who think that nothing can 'match their power' will find themselves dying on the ice, or serving as food for that which can."

At her next question, he let out a thoughtful, rumbling growl.

"Even though you appeared human, you fought with the ferocity and rage of something much larger, as though a fire burned in your heart, and if anything, your ferocity increased when you took your draconic form. But your draconic form is not your true one."

He shook his head, gesturing toward her with a claw.

"Nor is the one you currently wear. Fate has decreed that you be able to take both a draconic and a more human-seeming form, and so both are equally true. Not one or the other, but both."

Ask Shyvana

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Volibear View Post
((Was the comment about facing something that can match his power meant to be an insult? Because it could easily be taken as one.))

Volibear looked down at Shyvana, clearly unamused by her attempt at a compliment, if indeed it was one.

"Choose your words carefully, half dragon. What you might see as an idle compliment, perhaps even flattery, another might see as an insult, or even foolishness. Do not presume to know, or even imagine, what I have faced or not faced, or what can and cannot match my power. Especially without ever having traveled north of the mountains."

He checked the fastening of his gauntlets and clenched and unclenched his paws, then continued speaking.

"There, where we make our home, survival is more than a match to most people's power. The weather is unforgiving and the storms will rip the flesh from your bones. What we call prey can take the life of a fully grown Ursine, even a Chieftain, and has in the past. Those who think that nothing can 'match their power' will find themselves dying on the ice, or serving as food for that which can."

At her next question, he let out a thoughtful, rumbling growl.

"Even though you appeared human, you fought with the ferocity and rage of something much larger, as though a fire burned in your heart, and if anything, your ferocity increased when you took your draconic form. But your draconic form is not your true one."

He shook his head, gesturing toward her with a claw.

"Nor is the one you currently wear. Fate has decreed that you be able to take both a draconic and a more human-seeming form, and so both are equally true. Not one or the other, but both."
(It was not. xD)

Shyvana frowned, giving Volibear an unamused, almost challenging look at the glare she received. Even in her human form, she would not back down from the massive bear. But she was diplomatic enough to let him say his piece on the matter, and let it go.

"You're mistaken, Volibear." Shyvana said. "Even full dragons can take a humanoid form. Not convincing as a human, but it works. How else could a male dragon and a human woman produce a child?" She quirked a brow slightly. "Do you then believe that even a pure dragon's true form is his humanoid one, in addition to his draconic one?"

1234511 ... 14