I want to make Champions for League of Legends

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Izzabelle

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by draztikk View Post
they should add naruto characters to league of legends.
cool story bro

Izzabelle

12-20-2012

bump

RiotPenguin

Concept Artist

Follow RiotPenguin on Twitter

12-21-2012
18 of 19 Riot Posts

Awesome stuff! You should post your new work in the fan art section!

So you have some very cool designs here. I really like how much personality the characters have

My only suggestions would be to A: practice doing animation studies of how these characters move and fight. Just quick and simple sketches, but it can really help sell the design. And B: design for the in game view. Make sure your most important details are visible from game camera. Also make sure that your character has its own unique silhouette that can't be confused with with existing champions.

Keep it up! Look forward to seeing more

Demitsorou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

I envy you a little. You got attention posting champion concepts in general discussion, while my concept remains unseen because it's in proper category. That's sad.

Izzabelle

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPenguin View Post
Awesome stuff! You should post your new work in the fan art section!

So you have some very cool designs here. I really like how much personality the characters have

My only suggestions would be to A: practice doing animation studies of how these characters move and fight. Just quick and simple sketches, but it can really help sell the design. And B: design for the in game view. Make sure your most important details are visible from game camera. Also make sure that your character has its own unique silhouette that can't be confused with with existing champions.

Keep it up! Look forward to seeing more
Thanks penguin! I'm actually doing some silhouette studies that I'll be posting soon

I hadn't considered the animation studies -- so I will give that a shot. Any tips on how to practice designing for in-game viewing?

Nilous7

12-21-2012

Hey RiotPenguin, what would you recommend for someone trying to apply to Riot for a job or internship?

Izzabelle

12-22-2012

Yes. There will be a Xmas update. For anyone wondering.

octop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-23-2012

Bump for great season 4 potential

Izzabelle

12-24-2012

New champ tonight! New stuff for Xmas tomorrow!

Izzabelle

12-24-2012

New champ tonight!