RlOT IS NERFING TALON?!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xhardwirex

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbringerr View Post
Okay riot i just bought talon i got no refunds what is wrong with you talon isnt op he is just quick and awesome some games ive played with him are like 3-10 and some are 16-3 its even nerf chogath or something like darius they are op!
darius is not op he is a 1 hit wonder (dont own him i dont play him non bias trust me) you will love tallon with the fix you wont miss the little nerf they are going to give him

this is honestly awsome news i may have to pick tallon back up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-21-2012

losing 80 damage on his ult is a pretty hard nerf especially to an assassin

don't worry, the bleed damage will still cover your kill

nope


they nerfed that too


f**k you riot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xhardwirex

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
losing 80 damage on his ult is a pretty hard nerf especially to an assassin

don't worry, the bleed damage will still cover your kill

nope


they nerfed that too


f**k you riot
you will more then make it up with that fixed ability


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagethyme

Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Me actually. I found it while fiddling around with a champion prototype (which has since been trashed). I wanted my guy's spells to amp his autoattack damage so I copied some of Talon's scripts. While testing the amp I accidentally set it to -100%. Suddenly my autos were putting out big red zeros for the damage text while still managing to red bar the bots I was testing them on.
Pro-game testing right there ^_^ Thanks~!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagethyme

Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhardwirex View Post
darius is not op he is a 1 hit wonder (dont own him i dont play him non bias trust me) you will love tallon with the fix you wont miss the little nerf they are going to give him

this is honestly awsome news i may have to pick tallon back up.
Darry give me the laziest TT wins ever, I even beat other Darrys with him XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadTown Legend

Junior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, we have no intention of making Talon unviable, we're simply looking to find a balance for him in the context of Season 3.

The reality is that many of our AD casters were tuned to a state where they could exist in Season 2 with extremely poor itemization that was non-ideal for them.

We now created an environment where they have legitimate optimal item paths and the numbers are now out of balance.

The question to ask ourselves is if Black Cleaver is still too strong for AD Carries like MF or Graves. If we were to nerf Black Cleaver, it may become impossible to even think of building it on non AD Casters.

Looking at any strong item with above 3000+ gold cost will show a high win rate because if you have the resources to buy an item of this tier, you are most likely ahead in the first place. Items are not only an indicator of your future success but also a reflection of your past success. Any decently strong high tier item should statistically look and feel "overpowered."

As a closing note here, there is a buff to Talon that is impossible for the dataminers to get to. We are fixing a bug where the damage amplification from Cutthroat was not actually working.
Releases one halfway decent ad caster item, then says they have optimal itemization in season 3... wtf ******?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadTown Legend

Junior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Say a champion's ult was intended to do 5000 true damage but there was this nasty bug that made it ACTUALLY do 1 damage. If we were to go and fix said bug we would be BUFFING that champion's damage by 4999.

Talon's E currently amps his damage by 0% for two seconds against a single target, regardless of rank. This bugfix will buff his single target burst by 15% when E is at max rank.
omg gj you guys actually did your job, over a year late but just goes to show that riot will actually fix stuff... eventually


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hexenir

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Me actually. I found it while fiddling around with a champion prototype (which has since been trashed). I wanted my guy's spells to amp his autoattack damage so I copied some of Talon's scripts. While testing the amp I accidentally set it to -100%. Suddenly my autos were putting out big red zeros for the damage text while still managing to red bar the bots I was testing them on.
As a fellow programmer, this is exactly how it happens.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

glittergirl1995

Senior Member

12-21-2012

Talon has been highest winrate champ since preseason 3 patch. hilarious how talon players are mass downvoting people that point out that he is actually op


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTown Legend View Post
Releases one halfway decent ad caster item, then says they have optimal itemization in season 3... wtf ******?
Yeah...it doesn't even have spell vamp either

All this craze about "AD caster items"

and all we get is a single half decent, extremely controversial item that causes unjust nerfs to champions we love