LoL Music Lossless Version

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twosevenska

12-19-2012

Hi Riot! So, for some time now I've been enjoying the login musics, and so far both Diana and now Vi broke all my expectations. They're awesome. However as fan of audiophile content, I enjoy hearing high quality formats on my current setup. After some googling and searching through the forums for higher quality sources I noticed that I wasn't alone, but nobody ever actually created a thread about the situation.

With this said, is it possible to get lossless versions of the League of Legends Soundtrack/Music? Are there any plans regarding this situation? I don't want to assume everyone would agree with me on this one, but I certainly wouldn't mind paying for such content.

I hope those who agree with me step forward and show their interest or opinion on the subject.

P.S.
I know there's a folder on Soundcloud with the login musics and that I can get the login music through the game foldes. Pity both are lossy.

BunniFace

12-20-2012

I'd like Diana's login music in glorious HQ as well.

Praeco

Composer

12-20-2012
1 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosevenska View Post
Hi Riot! So, for some time now I've been enjoying the login musics, and so far both Diana and now Vi broke all my expectations. They're awesome. However as fan of audiophile content, I enjoy hearing high quality formats on my current setup. After some googling and searching through the forums for higher quality sources I noticed that I wasn't alone, but nobody ever actually created a thread about the situation.

With this said, is it possible to get lossless versions of the League of Legends Soundtrack/Music? Are there any plans regarding this situation? I don't want to assume everyone would agree with me on this one, but I certainly wouldn't mind paying for such content.

I hope those who agree with me step forward and show their interest or opinion on the subject.

P.S.
I know there's a folder on Soundcloud with the login musics and that I can get the login music through the game foldes. Pity both are lossy.
Hello friend,

I understand you quite well here, being a total audiophile myself.

What kind of system(speakers, etc.) are you using?

I will try to get a loss less WAV file uploaded of those sometime soon.

Twosevenska

12-21-2012

Hey there Praeco. First of all thanks for the attention and I can't wait for those WAV files

As for sound system, I'm still a bit new to the audiophile world (< 1 year), and being a student does not help, but so far I started by recovering an old audio system my father had and replace the broken parts to make it work. Nothing major but it certainly was enough to give me a taste in vinyl records.

After that I went ahead and started reading and researching more on the subject and in the summer I managed to save enough to buy a Sennheiser hd 598 which can cost a bit here in Europe. Still remember the first time I plugged it in, it was amazing. Since then I've been saving some money in order to get a Fiio e17 while rebuilding and increasing my library with high quality sources. On my computer I've been using modified versions of foobar2000 by RPGWizard from the head-fi forums.

Whenever I have a chance I try and pull my family/friends to this world, and if all goes well in the next couple of weeks I'll have either a Grado sr80i or an Audio Technica ATH-AD700 to try.

Unfortunately as far as speakers go I'm still using the Creative I Trigue 3400 on my computer, and the ones on my father sound system were too damaged to actually recover, so in the meantime I'm using an ordinary set from a Sony sound system I had laying around.

Praeco

Composer

12-21-2012
2 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Hey there Praeco. First of all thanks for the attention and I can't wait for those WAV files

As for sound system, I'm still a bit new to the audiophile world (< 1 year), and being a student does not help, but so far I started by recovering an old audio system my father had and replace the broken parts to make it work. Nothing major but it certainly was enough to give me a taste in vinyl records.

After that I went ahead and started reading and researching more on the subject and in the summer I managed to save enough to buy a Sennheiser hd 598 which can cost a bit here in Europe. Still remember the first time I plugged it in, it was amazing. Since then I've been saving some money in order to get a Fiio e17 while rebuilding and increasing my library with high quality sources. On my computer I've been using modified versions of foobar2000 by RPGWizard from the head-fi forums.

Whenever I have a chance I try and pull my family/friends to this world, and if all goes well in the next couple of weeks I'll have either a Grado sr80i or an Audio Technica ATH-AD700 to try.

Unfortunately as far as speakers go I'm still using the Creative I Trigue 3400 on my computer, and the ones on my father sound system were too damaged to actually recover, so in the meantime I'm using an ordinary set from a Sony sound system I had laying around.
grados have a great sound... not the craziest bass response, but still good. they are the most uncomfortable thing ever though. i have a pair of the more expensive kind of grados, and never use them cos they're so uncomfortable. replacing the pads drastically diminishes their sound quality, so that's rather difficult. audio technica puts out awesome stuff generally. i have the ath-m50s at work, they're great for what you pay. other than that, beyerdynamics and denons are my favorites, personally.

hmm sennheisers should be cheaper in europe since they're german, shouldnt they?

Twosevenska

12-21-2012

I hoped so, but from what I've gathered the Audiophile world in America is more developed since there seems to be a bigger interest there. So not only is it a bit hard to find some brands here, but their prices can sometimes be a bit high. When I was searching for the HD598 the average price I could find was around 215€. Luckily I found a little store in my country that was selling them for 165€, far closer to the american price.

As for the Grado, I never tried them, but while researching I noticed people complaining about both the comfort and how loud they can get since they barely have any isolation. However my brother is the one buying them, I'm only giving him some advices, and until recently we could only find ATH-M50 for 150€. Lucky for us there's a store that recently dropped their price to something more affordable so if all goes well we'll be getting those.

I don't really know much about the Denon's, will research a bit later, but the Beyerdynamics have been stuck in my mind. I've yet to actually research more about them but they even show up in my dreams so I guess that's the next step after getting the Fiio

Edit1:

Btw what model of Beyerdynamics do you have Praeco?

Praeco

Composer

12-21-2012
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
I hoped so, but from what I've gathered the Audiophile world in America is more developed since there seems to be a bigger interest there. So not only is it a bit hard to find some brands here, but their prices can sometimes be a bit high. When I was searching for the HD598 the average price I could find was around 215. Luckily I found a little store in my country that was selling them for 165, far closer to the american price.

As for the Grado, I never tried them, but while researching I noticed people complaining about both the comfort and how loud they can get since they barely have any isolation. However my brother is the one buying them, I'm only giving him some advices, and until recently we could only find ATH-M50 for 150. Lucky for us there's a store that recently dropped their price to something more affordable so if all goes well we'll be getting those.

I don't really know much about the Denon's, will research a bit later, but the Beyerdynamics have been stuck in my mind. I've yet to actually research more about them but they even show up in my dreams so I guess that's the next step after getting the Fiio

Edit1:

Btw what model of Beyerdynamics do you have Praeco?
i've had quite a few different models from the beyerydynamics. they tend not to necessarily have the most awesome sound in my humble opinion for sheer listening, but they are very flat, so great for production stuff. 880s i dont like that much, 770s are great. sennheisers i generally dont like that much, they tend to be built quite flimsy, and break easily. isolation also not that good. but a lot of people like em

YSRS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Note: Not an audiophile

Would the loss-less audio format be appreciated on cheap desktop speakers?

Or would I not hear a huge difference?

Praeco

Composer

12-21-2012
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSRS View Post
Note: Not an audiophile

Would the loss-less audio format be appreciated on cheap desktop speakers?

Or would I not hear a huge difference?
you probably would not notice any difference, the actual difference is mostly noticable in the very high frequency ranges and on bigger speakers.

Tenebrae Corvus

12-21-2012

Loss-less wav or flac files would be greatly appreciated by a few LoL music fans; not just me.

As you seem to be quite knoledgeable about audiophile equipment, do you mind more questions? Which desktop speakers and audio cards would you recommend? Ideally looking for good value, that is benefit in comparison to cost. However, if something expensive is really worth it please do mention it.

Thanks for your time and the awesome pieces you compose.

12345 ... 9