RlOT IS NERFING TALON?!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask Talon

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Me actually. I found it while fiddling around with a champion prototype (which has since been trashed). I wanted my guy's spells to amp his autoattack damage so I copied some of Talon's scripts. While testing the amp I accidentally set it to -100%. Suddenly my autos were putting out big red zeros for the damage text while still managing to red bar the bots I was testing them on.

So, you've been lying to me for a very long time.

I am not pleased.

Havoc Lobster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statikk View Post
No, we have no intention of making Talon unviable, we're simply looking to find a balance for him in the context of Season 3.

The reality is that many of our AD casters were tuned to a state where they could exist in Season 2 with extremely poor itemization that was non-ideal for them.

We now created an environment where they have legitimate optimal item paths and the numbers are now out of balance.

The question to ask ourselves is if Black Cleaver is still too strong for AD Carries like MF or Graves. If we were to nerf Black Cleaver, it may become impossible to even think of building it on non AD Casters.

Looking at any strong item with above 3000+ gold cost will show a high win rate because if you have the resources to buy an item of this tier, you are most likely ahead in the first place. Items are not only an indicator of your future success but also a reflection of your past success. Any decently strong high tier item should statistically look and feel "overpowered."

As a closing note here, there is a buff to Talon that is impossible for the dataminers to get to. We are fixing a bug where the damage amplification from Cutthroat was not actually working.
OHMERGERD Statikk! I love your shiv!

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
While testing the amp I accidentally set it to -100%. Suddenly my autos were putting out big red zeros for the damage text while still managing to red bar the bots I was testing them on.
This is amazing. One of the luckiest bug-finds ever.

I wonder how many more are out there waiting to be accidentally discovered

Also, off topic: When you stand still in the office for 2 seconds, do you disappear?

gypsylord

Champion Designer

12-20-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
So, you've been lying to me for a very long time.

I am not pleased.
Certainly not. I found this bug recently. If we had found it a year ago we would have fixed it a year ago.

Sainthobbit

12-20-2012

Quote:
Me actually. I found it while fiddling around with a champion prototype (which has since been trashed). I wanted my guy's spells to amp his autoattack damage so I copied some of Talon's scripts. While testing the amp I accidentally set it to -100%. Suddenly my autos were putting out big red zeros for the damage text while still managing to red bar the bots I was testing them on.
But what do you think of this?
/board/showthread.php?t=2890443&page=106

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc Lobster View Post
OHMERGERD Statikk! I love your shiv!

A Swarm of Koala

12-21-2012

Quote:
Certainly not. I found this bug recently. If we had found it a year ago we would have fixed it a year ago.
Still, with the millions of people who play this, it's weird that no one noticed it.

TaIont

12-21-2012

Quote:
Well I just saw it in action. I am amazed that all this time I have been getting fooled by something I thought was working fine. Nice work! So was the ult nerfed due to this now working correctly? Because if so I guess I can kinda accept it due to doing more damage all around but it still seems like a big hit. Still this is crazy I clearly see this 65 in red but the golem only lost 61 hp. It seems talon can't be honorable anywhere.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Swarm of Koala View Post
Still, with the millions of people who play this, it's weird that no one noticed it.
Well like he said, it's a bug that lies to you.

It's miraculous that he found it at all.

We have no idea to make completely sure that he's telling the truth, though. So in the end, it's futile. We might as well take his word for it, might as well just not.

But if anything's for sure, I'm just upset for these nerfs. I didn't think they were necessary personally.

Bland

12-21-2012

I hope you guys checked and doublechecked all of the other existing damage amps :P

tbh, I'm surprised the damage text CAN lie to you (apart from potential rounding mistakes, or something)... I thought it was basically directly linked with the actual damage done to an enemy.