RlOT IS NERFING TALON?!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redeemed In Fire

12-20-2012

How about, give him an actual passive? I would quite easily trade actual nerfs for that ;_;

Killrazor

12-20-2012

Yay, Riot OVER NERFS another champ.. You would think they would of learned their lesson from Diana and Rengar... but no.

Sometimes i really feel Riot has lost any sort of ability to balance champs. It is either buffs that do little to nothing, or they just over nerf somebody. It is actually happening more and more. There are so many champs that are so trash tier, yet they will nerf more champs into trash tier all the time. I guess Riot only wants people to play like 10 or 15 champs.

Renegade Talon

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Say a champion's ult was intended to do 5000 true damage but there was this nasty bug that made it ACTUALLY do 1 damage. If we were to go and fix said bug we would be BUFFING that champion's damage by 4999.

Talon's E currently amps his damage by 0% for two seconds against a single target, regardless of rank. This bugfix will buff his single target burst by 15% when E is at max rank.
Something seems a bit off about this. It can't be a consistent bug because I've played Talon a ton and I can clearly tell that the E was working. It was in fact easiest to see vs 0 armor jungle monsters. I don't feel like we are getting the whole story here. Was it just to champions or all targets?

Edit: I just ran through a custom game with no runes or masteries. E applied bonus damage every time I used it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenMagus View Post
Also, "only doing one type of damage" is a very silly argument, and you know it.
Not really. Reducing a part of his base damage or ratios causes his entire damage output to fall down since, well, he can only do one type of damage.

It is a domino effect that is very heavy.

Ding an Sich

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
How is a bug fix a buff?

And how is this compensation for destroying his damage...

He can only build 1 stat

And he can only do 1 type of damage

Did you take this into consideration while nerfing him?

I'm not sure how long you've been around, but depending if you have, something similar was happening with rumble way back in mid-late s2. Basically Rumble's flamespitter was under performing in a HUGE way. Xyph alleviated this by cleaning it up and fixing a bug, which basically shot rumble into the new FOTM even though people didn't notice until way after the buff was on.

You'd be surprised how much a simple fixed ability can do/

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoxex View Post
Something seems a bit off about this. It can't be a consistent bug because I've played Talon a ton and I can clearly tell that the E was working. It was in fact easiest to see vs 0 armor jungle monsters. I don't feel like we are getting the whole story here. Was it just to champions or all targets?
They're lying to us with this ambiguity because they know we're upset about the pointless nerfs....but they're not going to do anything about it.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Say a champion's ult was intended to do 5000 true damage but there was this nasty bug that made it ACTUALLY do 1 damage. If we were to go and fix said bug we would be BUFFING that champion's damage by 4999.

Talon's E currently amps his damage by 0% for two seconds against a single target, regardless of rank. This bugfix will buff his single target burst by 15% when E is at max rank.
kind of annoying though that a bug like this was in the game for so long, isn't it?

AHeroNamedHawke1

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding an Sich View Post
I'm not sure how long you've been around, but depending if you have, something similar was happening with rumble way back in mid-late s2. Basically Rumble's flamespitter was under performing in a HUGE way. Xyph alleviated this by cleaning it up and fixing a bug, which basically shot rumble into the new FOTM even though people didn't notice until way after the buff was on.

You'd be surprised how much a simple fixed ability can do/
Difference: Talon does 15% more damage to 1 target for a few seconds
Rumble's Q started dealing as much damage as Crowstorm.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
kind of annoying though that a bug like this was in the game for so long, isn't it?
You mean kind of suspicious?

It has to be a lie.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're lying. They are nerfing TALON of all AD casters...wow

Brynwolf

12-20-2012

Fuc.k your black cleaver or any item you think,nerf that kind of **** not talon,are you braindead

GO FUC.K YOURSELFS