The Story of Vi's music

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Praeco

Composer

12-20-2012
6 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TresNoir View Post
@Praeco, where did you get your composing degrees from? Just curious, I'm currently getting my Masters of Music at the Cleveland Institute of Music
That's awesome, the CIM has a great reputation. Some would argue, it also has the best North American orchestra in town.

I have no college degree. I thought of studying musical/composing stuff when I moved to the US, but couldn't have afforded the tuition as a non-American citizen.

Intellectional

12-20-2012

Would love to see more stuff like this. The ambient stuff is great and all, but Vi's music just has so much more power, and sets the scene for her better.

Znt

12-20-2012

Not going to download because I don't like garage band music. gg.

Also I've never heard of someone with the title of "composer" who creates such music. I mean usually composers create epic music like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6gdyiLZxJ8
rather than garage band stuff that teens make up.

On a side note I'm laughing at these people who claim they like this song but really just have a ***** for the hot lead singer... Who by the way is starting to become a self-absorbed attention.. yeah.

Edit: blah blah personal preference, the song is starting to grow on me kinda. Couldn't get past 40 sec the first time I heard it but after that it's ok. Just not digging the uninspiring guitar track.

Phourc

12-20-2012

^ One could argue that a great composer should be skilled at creating all genres of music, not just the ones *you* specifically like. xP

As for me, I love this song! I hope to see the riot all-star band make another appearance soon(tm)!

DjCarris

12-20-2012

I love this song. I usually prefer 70's and 80's rock/metal, with a smattering of modern rock/metal. Love the classical and instrumental. For example, I adore Diana's song.

But this...this is just gorgeous! I love Vi, and love this song. It is just completely her. I have this and a couple other songs in a soundtrack just for when I play her!

Great job, love the vocals, love the sound. Catchy and energetic and strong.

Get out there and improve on how quickly you punch champs through the roof!

TresNoir

12-20-2012

Cant beat the Cleveland Orchestra , thanks for the reply! It's been pretty cool to hear the wide array of music you've created.

Ixsiehn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Definitely the best login music by far! And i thought the Diana one was awesome! (it still is actually, but this one is just WOW)

The amount of respect i have for Riot just increased by alot xD

Really great job with the login music and the animation (as though shes dancing to the beat), gave me a very good first impression on the champ.

Znt

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
^ One could argue that a great composer should be skilled at creating all genres of music
True. But this song just sounds unbelievably bland. No variety in the vocal harmony, guitar is tremendously boring, drums sound like a training exercise for someone just starting to learn them, and the orchestra part at the beginning sounds so out of place.

Don't want to come off as trolling or flaming but this is painful to listen to personally... Personal preference though, so it's all good.

TresNoir

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znt View Post
Not going to download because I don't like garage band music. gg.

Also I've never heard of someone with the title of "composer" who creates such music. I mean usually composers create epic music like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6gdyiLZxJ8
rather than garage band stuff that teens make up.

On a side note I'm laughing at these people who claim they like this song but really just have a ***** for the hot lead singer... Who by the way is starting to become a self-absorbed attention.. yeah.

Edit: blah blah personal preference, the song is starting to grow on me kinda. Couldn't get past 40 sec the first time I heard it but after that it's ok. Just not digging the uninspiring guitar track.
1st. It's fine if you don't like the song, but youre being a ****** about it. As for your "composer" comment, if you think that he couldn't compose something like that you are greatly mistaken. How about you go through the HUNDREDS of log in screen music bits and see how diverse they are.
2nd. This is log in screen music not in game music, therefore you have to be short and sweet because people want to PLAY THE GAME.
3rd. GOD FORBID the singer likes her voice or gaming or fans or singing. The music industry is cut-throat. To get your name out there is hard. If she wants to be "self-absorbed" (which I bet you she isn't) she's earned it.

in conclusion GTFO of this thread

Znt

12-20-2012

By the way, I actually like a lot of the other champion themes. Diana's gave me chills the first time I heard it. Garage band genre just doesn't have the same power as whatever you want to call that. But BLAH BLAH personal preference. Sorry for being a ****** I'll stop posting.