Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eisen Engel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

<3 riot

GroovyGoblin

12-20-2012

Awesome, just what I was hoping for! Now I'll just hope Ziggs get his price reduced soon, as I really want to buy him! It's also really nice that Riot offers refunds to those who bought the champions during the past two weeks, which is something most companies would never do.

PTG StopHatePlz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

This took to long to happen. Also they should increase the time even longer for new champions to be released and make a better balanced game when introducing a new champion. I mean when you introduce 1 new champion you need to tweak everything in the game. I would appreciate better product at a longer release time.

Woolve

12-20-2012

This is great. Definitely a step in the right direction

kermankermit

12-20-2012

awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Bought Ezreal thanks to this, and love him

thakey

12-20-2012

IP system is amazing. It is so good compared to other F2P currency systems. It takes NO time to get 7800. All you need to do is play the game instead of using real money, and people still have the audacity to complain about a 1 week increase.

Riot have been looking after us alot, so stop being brats and appreciate how good this system is.

Darkwahn

12-20-2012

I'm actually really happy about this. A slight increase to launch price, to give us decent IP price cuts later is very nice.

iMFEkOXqcN

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We're figuring out some of the nuts and bolt.
Morello said nuts

hehehe

Morello

Lead Designer

12-20-2012
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
Will this open up more room for remakes?
Independent of this, we have a "relaunches team" that we're dedicating to this, and you're seeing the results of the art side of that. Our next goal is to get this more sync'd on design and art.

We've already been essentially doing 3-week releases for a few months now, so this change is just us going "Hrm, it does take us longer to create champions at the higher quality level, so let's just do that then."

InVaderZim1

12-20-2012

i dont like the first week ip increase and i dont see it as Riot giving us more time to farm the ip. i see it as that they just want people to play more often during that time they are making the champion. some people work, have school and a life, and those who really like the game make time to play it making possible to barely get those 6300 ip to try out the new champion i just see it as a sneaky way to make people play more but o well lets see how this plays out.