What stops a Sona support.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shalexade

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageoffire View Post
How to lose to a sona:
When she walks up to you, Q/Power Chords you, and then you run away.

How to beat a sona:
When she walks up to you, kill her.
So this.

At 1200 elo, Sona is awesome. You poke them hard and harrass like a boss.

At 1400 elo, you make a single tiny mistake. You die.

CC is nasty against Sona and you gotta play it perfect to get out alive.

Riot jayway

Associate QA Analyst

12-20-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostile Miku View Post
A Sona main Riot employee?
Can I hug you?
Sure. Maybe we can bait Riot Xyanyde for a group hug ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
Actually, I've found that Sona lanes depend largely on the AD carry against her. The ADC needs to focus on last-hitting and being prepared to crush them when the time comes--possibly even attacking Sona rather than the enemy ADC. If your carry tries poking, though, you need to yell at them right away and tell them that it won't work, because it won't; Sona can outpoke you all day long. So when you hit that enemy pair, you need to hit hard.
Yes, you definitely need to be on the same page as your ADC. If you are the support player, make sure you lead your ADC properly. It was mentioned earlier, but Cait/Nunu is probably not too bad. I haven't played this matchup enough to comment properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hraagh View Post
Leona, yes. Leona is kryptonite to Sona.

Taric, no. She can stay out of range of his stun, and if her AD gets stunned she switches auras to W and hits the enemy AD with -20% damage. Taric's AD won't be able to get a kill easily and Sona has a much stronger lategame.

Zyra does better than Taric, but isn't a hard counter. At worst, she restricts the area from which Sona can zone enemy AD. I don't fear Zyras as much as Leona.
Yah, I'd say Leona is her best counter. Taric buys pink ward and its brush control fight after that. Taric lanes hurt since people STILL underestimate his armor shred burst. Zyra... i might be a bit biased cause I vs'd a bunch of good zyras randomly but after thinking the matches through... as soon as Sona moves up to harass, any well placed root will make her think twice from there on out. Cause it feels even worse than a Taric stun due to the slow and damage the plants do afterward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micalas View Post
So as a Sona main does Morello just come to your desk and beat you with a coffee mug since he can't nerf Sona herself at the moment?
Nope. Too busy nerfing Irelia >.> (please take this as a joke everyone.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageoffire View Post
How to lose to a sona:
When she walks up to you, Q/Power Chords you, and then you run away.

How to beat a sona:
When she walks up to you, kill her.
^ sums it up pretty well assuming you run a kill lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merokane View Post
Where does one... find these matches?
I'm sure youtube has stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz6q-gOAd1w

Tomen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Killing her.

Seriously, level 1 sona has less hp than a melee minion.

Calderweiss

12-20-2012

I like talking to xyanyde on my friends list. He is quite a useful employee! Dem nerf battles.

Hraagh

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot jayway View Post
Zyra... i might be a bit biased cause I vs'd a bunch of good zyras randomly but after thinking the matches through... as soon as Sona moves up to harass, any well placed root will make her think twice from there on out. Cause it feels even worse than a Taric stun due to the slow and damage the plants do afterward.
I will have to fight some good Zyras then! Even though Sona may take hits in the process of harassing... Zyra can't heal and doesn't have auras, so Sona has two points over her. Land Q+chord, and it doesn't get healed. The root doesn't last very long, so I'd much prefer to face her than Taric.

In my experience, there are two ways to beat Zyra lanes...
1: Tell my AD to treat the Zyra exactly like a Sona - bully her until she's too scared to try anything, then focus on the AD. Works best with Draven, Graves, other highly aggressive AD's. (If they aren't an aggressive AD, maybe Sona wasn't a great pick.)
2: Shove the lane under their tower. They have a very narrow area to manuever, and you have about twice as much. Your AD can farm better than theirs. As long as you're vigilant, anything they do will be quite predictable and you don't have to fear ganks (Yay sightstone!)