Experiencing Latency

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

legoman727

12-20-2012

Been having the same problems as everyone else here.

http://n3.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...9912-4b3b-9663

Any idea if it's the DNS resolvers that are causing this or if it's just firewall settings?

If so, how the heck do I get League working on a windows 7 firewall? can't seem to find Play League of Legends on the list of applications.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-20-2012

Lego - Your Netalyzr looks fine. Firewall settings will not generally cause lag spikes, these are usually related packet loss or interruptions. While this is a good start, netalyzr does only take a snapshop of your connection and if you're having very intermittent issues, it won't always show a problem. Alternatively, sometimes testing will not identify other issues with hardware, especially with wireless connections.

Momo - Your Netalyzr on the other hand is pretty bad. You're running a standard ping of 200-250ms with some pretty serious network outages. The netalyzr test seemed to find some issues with your home network interfering with some of the testing as well. All of these items will cause the symptoms you're seeing in-game and need to be resolved either on your local network or with your internet connection.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

12-20-2012
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Just to let you guys know, I've brought this up with our NOC and Network engineers. They are checking into it.

DasaniC

12-20-2012

Ya hey RIot, u lasi pieces of garbage, i find it funny how we pay for this game yet you can't even provide proper servers??? wtf and then when we get reported for "feeding" ( when in reality we have no choice cause of ur krap lag) we ACTUALLY end up getting banned. Get your sht 2gether and get your tribunal system together as well and stop banning people due to YOUR bs ****i problems. We shouldn't have to suffer cause of your problems and cause you dumbfuks are 2 stupid 2 hire competent people. thumbs up this sht so i know iam not the only mofo feeling this way, pce and

GANGMAN STYLE ALL DAY ERDAY BCHES

Revolution6X

12-20-2012

Thank goodness someone from Riot is finally looking into this. I'm just hoping that this will get fixed withina day or two. The lag spike is just getting out of hand.

Nodone

12-20-2012

Same problem...! Restarting the game, reseting my router and modem doesn't fix it. I am trying the "repair" thing in the launcher, but I highly doubt it'ill fix anything...
I don't get the lag in every game, which is weird.

Seliphan

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannamoth View Post
just to let you guys know, i've brought this up with our noc and network engineers. They are checking into it.

thank you.

PenguinX3

12-20-2012

(I don't know how to quote.) Such a broad issue, impacting all games, is an indication you have something going on with your end. Either your home router is failing or the ISP is having an issue. In some cases it takes multiple calls to the ISP before they really investigate or send someone out...(I don't know how to quote.)

Yeah, we just got a new router hooked up tonight which is why I was so slow to respond. I've called the ISP twice and they've said that there's nothing on their end and just that it was "odd" that it was happening. I've ran out of ideas of how I'm supposed to fix this.

PenguinX3

12-20-2012

The thing about that response from Riot is.. I've seen the same response a while back with no update from it.

clearbluewater

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Just to let you guys know, I've brought this up with our NOC and Network engineers. They are checking into it.

Thanks, I really appreciate it =)