eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Investor

12-19-2012

Dear Hippalus,

Is there or will there ever be a consideration for Summoner skins to ever be rented for IP? It will allow Summoners to use skins for a short duration and if they like it then, they would be more likely to purchase said skin.

kainak

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Investor View Post
Dear Hippalus,

Is there or will there ever be a consideration for Summoner skins to ever be rented for IP? It will allow Summoners to use skins for a short duration and if they like it then, they would be more likely to purchase said skin.
theres videos about the in game model of the skins

also u can lolking to view the skin how it will look actually before you buy, instead of thinking it will be identical to the splash art

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

12-20-2012
14 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanorii View Post
I read a few threads on forums of people asking for skins that they don't have. I personally own about 200 skins and I've always wanted Red Card katarina but I missed out on it. I saw what Hippalus said and it made me think of this idea.

*NOTE* This won't open up the game to RMT because you purchase them with RP.

The idea is that theres a new tab called player auction and you can put skins that you have on there for a RP price, and people can bid on them kinda like ebay. For example:

PlayerA: Lists Snow Bunny Nidalee for 500 RP

PlayerB: Wants the skin badly, bids on it for 600

PlayerC: also wants it, bids 800

etc etc, you get the idea. I think this would be good for a select number of the community who actually care about skins. Also this could be used for people who bought a skin they regret and wish to make back at least a little of the RP they got. This would also make riot more money because of it being a RP only exchange. More skins on sale -> more people buying RP to try to obtain it.
Now that champion pricing is settled for 2013, I will be focusing much more time on skins. That will ideally include better logic and transparency around skin pricing, and a long term solution for limited edition skins. The auction idea is one potential way for players who really want these skins to access them, while preserving their value for the players who originally bought them. There are other potential solutions as well - all with different pros and cons.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

12-20-2012
15 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
Are we ever going to get a response to the new Lulu skin debacle?

We have been waiting since its release for a good response as to why it is your "testing" price of 1350, when compared to the Khaz skin it pales in comparison. Also, any word on why support was telling people Zombie Brand would be 1350, and turned out to be a Legendary?
The Lulu skin was identified as a 1350 skin by the skins team based on the unique features that went into it and the time involved in development. Zombie Brand was always Legendary so I'm not sure where the miscommunication came from there.

These types of misunderstanding are exactly what I want to solve in 2013 with better logic and transparency around skin pricing.

PokerPlate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

As a big supporter of riot, is it possible to get additional refunds for every 100 I spend on this game. (think I'm coming up on $600)

DonQuixoté

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Now that champion pricing is settled for 2013, I will be focusing much more time on skins. That will ideally include better logic and transparency around skin pricing, and a long term solution for limited edition skins. The auction idea is one potential way for players who really want these skins to access them, while preserving their value for the players who originally bought them. There are other potential solutions as well - all with different pros and cons.
in before 9600ip champs

Shehriazad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

On Lulu:

The features are in no way unique or good.

While I didnt mind the higher price too much let me tell you this....

her launch skins already change PIX's look

So ALL there is is: Animations on Pix and Spell Effects.

While the spell effects are cool (good job). Though spell effects are not worthy of a price raise anymore with your current quality

2nd Pix's new animations...bugged and barely noticeable.

While I have nothing against a super price tier (Tier 1, 2, 3, Super, Legendary, Ezrealtier) at least try to make it worth it.

Zerglinator

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
The Lulu skin was identified as a 1350 skin by the skins team based on the unique features that went into it and the time involved in development. Zombie Brand was always Legendary so I'm not sure where the miscommunication came from there.

These types of misunderstanding are exactly what I want to solve in 2013 with better logic and transparency around skin pricing.
Suggestion: Tell PBE users the intended price of a skin. They can then give feedback saying "It doesn't quite feel up to this price point" or maybe "Here's what could be done to make it match the price" or "The concept itself isn't worth making a 1350 skin for" or maybe even "No, add more and make it a legendary skin!"

FirinUpMuhLazer

12-20-2012

I'm actually against the auction house, not because I'm against people getting limited skins, I'm sure as hell not. I'm against it because, well, I want one or two of those skins too, really really badly (ahem kat y u have coolest skins and the best by far be limited?) But there is no way in the foreseeable future that I'd have the funds necessary (fifty to one hundred dollars that isn't going to be spent on rent/staying alive) to purchase them. I'm more for fair things, such as competitions or awards for achievements through things like the honor system. Things that would preserve the promise riot made to never sell them again (which is the key line, they aren't available for sale ever again, not that people would never have a means to acquire them again). I feel like this is the sort of award for achievements that people could really appreciate (say be one of the select few that have really worked to make lol the best, both in game and out of game having the chance to select one skin of their choice to unlock).

At least, this is the kind of idea I would like you guys to brainstorm

ArmySquirrel

12-20-2012

On the 7800 IP first week champion release pricing, do you expect this to significantly cut the initial champion sales? There is something to be said for paying RP or the 7800 IP bill to get a champion on release if a lot will wait for the IP reduction next week, making it a bit more unique without over saturating so to speak. It is fairly typical that on the day of release tons and tons of people are clamoring to play the new champion, so was this a consideration? Trying to spread out the load a bit more so fewer people have to fight for it?