Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AzaronChisane

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Yes, and why increased to 7800 during the first week? Because they are reducing the cost of older Champions to compensate. That's great for people who don't own older Champions -- but that is NOT great for people who own everything! Essentially this is just a pure negative to long term supporters instead of balancing it out for others.
Actually, given that the champion release schedule is slowing down by 50% it's an IP discount even for older players, or at least irrelevant, right? Let's say you are a long-term player and have the play schedule necessary to purchase each new champ as they come out under the current system. If you have all of the old champs odds are you have all the runes you want so you don't spend IP on anything else, thus all IP earned goes to new champion purchases:

6300 IP over a 2 week period = 9150 over a 3 week period (assuming equal gameplay time)

So you will actually net more IP per week than you did last season even purchasing them at the increased 7800 IP rate, all things being equal. Not that you could spend excess IP on anything anyway :-) So this change seems to help new players and is irrelevant for the long-term IP earning community. Win/win.

HolyChalice

12-20-2012

Great so now only people who purchase champions with RP will only be able stomp everyone in ranked

Theres no way people will be able to save up for 7800 and do it again

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

This sounds quite reasonable. Thanks for changing things up

skismael

12-20-2012

Porque no ponen un nuevo mapa y ponen la ofertas de skin cada 4 dias para comprar

TekDriveTruck

12-20-2012

Good program. I like it.

Ellaryan

12-20-2012

I've just bought Lee sin 2 days ago...
Oh well... when i'll get the ip refund? ._. I just checked it and it's still in 185IP (The last amount i had before reading this)

Feybred

12-20-2012

All of the changes are fine, raise prices, lower prices, put out champions everyday idc, the only thing that isnt fair, is when you lower the price of champions and dont give that ip back to your older players the purchased the champion when it was at 6300. This isnt like selling vehicles where prices go down gradually because the car itself doesnt hold up to the performance of the newer vehicles being created or runs out of demand. This is a game where champions dont lose their performance and everyone can have that same champion without waiting for it to be made in an assembly line. I keep things simple and its not to much to ask for riot to give my hard earned IP back after you lower the price of a champion I worked so hard to get. I speak for all players you deserve your ip back, Is it fair that you give to a company for years and they dont give back occasionally? We put riot where they are today because of playing their game, and buying their merchandise, thats how we thank them, through constantly supporting them and giving them new ideas to build off of to make this a better game. Don't just say thank you to your fans, actually show that you really appreciate us. All of the information i read on this forum is just a spit in my face as a player.

lVocturnal

12-20-2012

i personally didn't mind the champion costs. People play games like WoW which has monthly subscripitions and this game allows you get champions without paying with real money. I also like the idea of working hard to get a champ and having a unique rooster. Now that their cheaper it'll be more likely that I have the same champs as other players. Also the more they get the more features the game gets.

1hat3y0u

12-20-2012

LOL and I just bought some RP and Champions like 3 days ago, looking forward to the refunds, maybe I will be able to pick up 1 or 2 more. Thanks Riot!

YayMii

Recruiter

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnthmp View Post
You're a complete moron. The only purpose the increased IP costs serves is to increase the attractiveness of purchasing the champion with RP. It is a direct attempt to make more money. They are trying to pass this off as benefit to the community when it is done to benefit them the most. I have enough IP for whatever I want so I don't care about any of that. I'm disgusted by companies who do things like this.

Its like this...."Oooh girl, I'm breaking up with you so you can study more. This is for your benefit."

Please, don't insult the players intelligence.
So apparently the decrease of people instalocking the newest champ and other people dodging because they want to play the newest champ isn't a benefit. Not to mention that you could just wait a week for the price to fall back to the way it was. And how the whole point of this was so it would be easier for players to predict price drops (instead of waiting 2 years in silence).