Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boonshays

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbsBunny View Post
"I bought an iPhone 4 for $900 when it came out, then the iPhone 5 came and my phone lost half its value. APPLE, REFUND MY $450."

Because you've had 1-years worth of use and fun out of those champs. I'd say a measly 1500 IP covers the cost of that enjoyment factor per champ.
I also had 1 years worth of use and fun from my skins and i still got a refund.

Dnthmp

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir Slakt View Post
It's only a week, man.

If due to impatience someone decides to waste rougly 25% more IP for something that's going to have its price reduced, AND then complain about it, they pretty much deserve being made fun of.

It's like those people who complain about how expensive something is, buy it anyway and then keep whining about it.
No one forced you to buy it NOW, so shut up.
You're a complete moron. The only purpose the increased IP costs serves is to increase the attractiveness of purchasing the champion with RP. It is a direct attempt to make more money. They are trying to pass this off as benefit to the community when it is done to benefit them the most. I have enough IP for whatever I want so I don't care about any of that. I'm disgusted by companies who do things like this.

Its like this...."Oooh girl, I'm breaking up with you so you can study more. This is for your benefit."

Please, don't insult the players intelligence.

Excalicur7

12-20-2012

Excellent plan Riot!!!
This means that every time a champ is released there must be a price reduction(both IP/RP) and third release of new champ will get 2 reductions.Yay more frequent reductions .We can even somewhat predict which champ will be on reduced next.

This will greatly benefit players who doesnt have the privilege to buy RP and who spent a lot of their free time to accumulate 6K IP to buy even the old champs.Not to mention more time delay before a champ is released suggests(since you will have free time to work on other things) we can expect more balanced,innovative quality champs,more balances (buffs/nerfs/remake) of older champs and maybe change in game(new items/new map/map change) which I greatly look forward to.

Finally i have a couple of questions:
I logged in jst now and saw the changes in price have already beed made.I bought Lee Sin on 12/10/12(M/D/Y) so will I be refunded the 1.5K IP tomorrow(cuz it hasnt been 2 weeks since i bought him)?

I have about a month left before I could refund Vladimir using my refund points.Will I be refunded 6.3K IP if i refund him any time within this period(1month)?

Pierce7d

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
But we are the people who supported Riot from the start. And over the course of a month? You mean once every 2 to 3 weeks. That is still a lot of game time and is unrealistic for someone to go for 7800 IP every 2 to 3 weeks. I mean, 6300 was hard enough.
The production rate of champions has slowed (and with 109 in the game, I can hardly regret this). As stated in the OP by Hipp, it will now take 3-4 weeks for a champion to release, not 2-3. This means that for someone like you (who I respect a lot for your dedication to the game), it's actually easier because if all your IP goes towards getting the newest champion, you now have more time with which to save up IP. The amount of time you have earned is relatively greater than the amount of IP you must now earn instead. Or, you could just wait a week, still have a complete collection, and not spend extra IP if it is your choosing.

OR, if you truly want to "support" the game, you can simply buy ONE new champion with RP, and then you will be so ahead in IP, this should never be an issue for you ever again.

Dnthmp

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce7d View Post
Oh, my bad, I was supposed to expect the brand spanking new product to just swiftly be reduced in price? brb, being outraged that the new product will cost the standard amount of money. Nevermind the fact that in 3-4 weeks Orianna will go down in price. Nevermind the fact that 3-4 weeks after that Leona will be cheaper for all. I should just focus that Vi specifically, will take 2 years to be cheaper, even though she just came out yesterday, and I should be outraged by that. Makes sense.
You're a complete moron. The only purpose the increased IP costs serves is to increase the attractiveness of purchasing the champion with RP. It is a direct attempt to make more money. They are trying to pass this off as benefit to the community when it is done to benefit them the most. I have enough IP for whatever I want so I don't care about any of that. I'm disgusted by companies who do things like this.

Its like this...."Oooh girl, I'm breaking up with you so you can study more. This is for your benefit."

Please, don't insult the players intelligence.

Moons

12-20-2012

This is a real christmas suprise for me, thought i feel positive about those changes. Its about time the oldest 6300 ip costs are lowered and I am happy with the presented ip reducing system. The only thing that disturbs me, is that I will never insta - purchase any new champion in the first week again. But generally, that is a really good idea and it will surely help new players

Casamir

12-20-2012

Ok everything is good, except launch price. All the new launch price means is that the new champ craze days, meaning when everyone is a whiner baby about wanting to play new champ, will happen a week after release.

Rikain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Now they need to tell us the first champs that are going down or even a few in advance so players can plan in advance

DubbsBunny

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guys Lawyer View Post
I also had 1 years worth of use and fun from my skins and i still got a refund.
And you were lucky to get that. If anything, Good Guy Riot for doing that, not Scumbag Riot for not doing it again.

mimicahero

12-20-2012

"As with all permanent price reductions, we’ll automatically refund the difference for anyone who’s purchased one of these champions up to two weeks prior to today."

Sounds good sign me up! Bought me some Nocturne on 12/6/12 which is 2 weeks ago. Dang did I pick a good day or what.

I'm happy to hear about the slow launching of champs, I felt it was needed. I also am happy to hear about a launch price for IP. It will not stop people from buying them with RP and the wait difference will always be the same if you only every buy with IP. All good here.