Champion Pricing & Timing Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamvert

12-20-2012

Awesome changes! I really like the increased predictability of the price reductions too!

DubbsBunny

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnthmp View Post
People are not upset by the pricing. They are upset by the way the company is trying to insult their intelligence and pass this off as a benefit to us when it is not at all.
It benefits newer players wishing to have more access to newer champs they might have fun with.

It slightly benefits older players who have an extensive roster and are looking to complete it over time.

It has no impact on players with full rosters aside from telling them to calm down and wait a week or spend a premium to be 1337 status and play with the new guy before everybody else.

I don't know why you'd say it's not a benefit just because you're not seeing the same returns as a new person trying to enjoy a new game. You're not special because you've been playing since beta. Let other people enjoy it too.

NynjaDoom

12-20-2012

awesome I was just saying this last week, me and some friends that also play were talking about how champs were like 3150 IP and still cost 975 RP! Thank you Riot its like you read minds

tVan

12-20-2012

Good on ya riot!!

Janna F Kennedy

12-20-2012

rofl they made a "tl;dr". I lol'd.

Boonshays

12-20-2012

so i bought all those champs full price almost a year ago. Why don't i get a refund like with the legacy skins?

Fenrir Slakt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnthmp View Post
FOR EVERYONE FOOLED BY THIS.

Do you realize that there are 33 champions between Vayne and Vi?

At 3 weeks per champion release this means it will take 99 weeks until Vi is the oldest champion.

99 weeks (minimum) = almost 2 years

This means that your "more affordable champion" is going to be the EXACT SAME PRICE as always for 2 YEARS before it is any "more affordable."

This is PR and marketing. Nothing is becoming more affordable. More affordable is not increasing release prices. More affordable is not saving longer. More affordable is not fewer things to buy. More affordable is being able to get more for what you have. Please wake up. This is an attempt to increase the amount of people who purchase with RP on release days.
Your logic is flawed. Several older champions getting cheaper doesn't equal to nothing becoming more affordable.

Sàndèrs

12-20-2012

im very disgusted with the price change. I've been playing league of legends for the longest. I get every champ the week it comes out with ip I have saved up cause I've invested so much time in money into this game that I have every relevant tier 3 rune, every champion, 11 rune pages, and atleast 20 skins.

so basically all veteran players are gonna get from this announcement... "hey its gonna take us longer to give u champs and they're gonna cost more... and hey remember all that **** you invested in... we're gonna make it easier for other people to get now. have a nice day"

riot fail.

Redcontroller

12-20-2012

This is a really good idea. I don't see one thing wrong with it, everything is rational, and will lead to more positive gameplay.

OmniLevia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2012

While the IP reduction is quite nice and even the initial 7800 isn't bad, I have concerns about the overall RP price jack up. 3150 is the mid tier for IP and the RP is not a mid tier price. 3150 champions used to cost 487 as half of the 6300 IP and 975 RP. Those champions will now cost 790 RP which should be roughly the cost for the 4800 IP champions.