Reason behind your summoner name

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Destaice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

I really enjoyed punching people on the PBE.

Tippick

12-19-2012

Because I thought the word "typical" was cool. Then abbreviated to Tippick.

lxAvengedxl

12-19-2012

Main account permabanned due to invalid reports .. (:
Time to Avenge ..

Porkcchop

12-19-2012

My diet consists of pure pork.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-19-2012
8 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
The main character from a book by Ray Bradbury called Fahrenheit 451.
OH. MY. GOD.

I JUST made the connection between this, your name and your avatar!

Mind = burnt!

Also, about me, I had a name I used as my summoner name before I joined Riot, but it was lame and had been used a lot on other forums and stuff. So, I said, "What can I name myself that won't sound too lame?" I thought long and hard. I thought, well, if Rioters tend to become well known and can command a fair amount of attention and respect, I decided I wanted to have a name that would stick in your brain, that sounded sort of.. for the lack of a better word.. ideological. Something that sounded firm and cool but described what my craft was. Thus, 'IronStylus' was born.

Sub-story: Artistically I enjoy the aspect of "the three reads". In character design in our game we have about 3 reads to work with in terms of visual landmarks. Weapon or "source of power", bust/head area, and the large area of rest that should encompass the rest of the character's silhouette. I applied this to my name too, in combination with my forum avatar. "Iron" and "Stylus" are two reads, one being strong/firm/ the other being about art. Now, "Parrot" might as well be part of my name, making.. tah-dah! the third read. Together they should create a balance that describes me. The firm (often opinionated and consistent), the artistic, juxtaposed with the ridiculous of the parrot.

Well.. that was long-winded wasn't it?

ExiIed Morgana

12-19-2012

One of my old RuneScape friends told me I should change my RS name to Azbroolah, so I did. It stuck. Better than "mythomagic5," though.

BisquickBroccoli

12-19-2012

Wanted a name that sounds cool as hell and I think I succeeded.

Porkcchop

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbroolah View Post
one of my old runescape friends told me i should change my rs name to azbroolah, so i did. It stuck. Better than "mythomagic5," though.
lolololololol

Iliessa

12-19-2012

I couldn't think of anything that wasn't already taken, so I stole the name from one of my good friends back in the day (15 years ago.. yikes) when we would RP based off Vampire: The Masquerade. Iliessa was my characters mother and an absolute badass.

Barbacoa

12-19-2012

Because I could eat barbacoa burritos every day for years.