Most frustrating matchups

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 24
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nome or Die

Game Designer

12-19-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Detail some of your most frustrating experiences thus far, particularly with regards to poor team matchups. Would it be worth investigating potential new items to fill in some of the holes that currently exist? If so, what's currently missing?

rabidzombie2015

12-19-2012

Short Range/Melee vs. Entirely poke comp games are easily the most frustrating, one-sided games I play.

Kr1sys

12-19-2012

Poke comp vs melee as stated above. Ohmwrecker should suffice though, shut down turret, take it or destroy the team.

2pudge1cup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

any game vs. an ap yi is a race against the clock.

i still never really think it's terribly 'lost' unless you're full melees vs a true poke comp. i've still won those kinds of games by just turtling up and getting tanky late.

StealYourMoney

12-19-2012

chain aoe comps usually too good.

The Sterg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

I'd say something needs to be done about melee champions (with low/non-existent mobility) being unable to really do much.

Aqualisk

12-19-2012

Poke vs. melee is frustrating.

However I would like to say that the answer poke comps is to simply commit to a fight early before they have a chance to poke you down too low. I find that when I ARAM with 2 or 3 friends we can successfully beat poke teams if we're dominantly melee. When I solo ARAM though it's a different story and convincing people it's a good idea to go in is usually near impossible.

Iglie

12-19-2012

Definitely a melee tank/bruiser team against a long range poke comp.

E.g

Malphite, J4, Fiora, Garen, Gp. VS Nidalee, Ezreal, Lux, Jayce, Katarina (Blade then shunpo away)

Very hard for the bruiser team as before they can initiate their teamfight, they are already half health from all the pokes.

theDreamer

12-19-2012

Definitely any team with poke.

If you're outranged, you're done.

You don't start out with enough gold/high enough level for a divey comp to do anything useful early, and after any time, you've been whittled down by their poke.

Trick The Pirate

12-19-2012

Solution to above comments:
Make an item with an Irelia style dash active. Gives those without the ability to close gaps an ability to close gaps. Obviously needs a long cooldown though.

1234511 ... 24