I'm getting frustrated cause I'm not getting better

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Robzored

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

I have been playing this game for 2+ years, have waaaaaay too many games under my belt, but no matter how much I try, I don't get better

My cs is usually crappy-mediocre (120-150 by 20 mins), I don't usually feed, but it's not that often that I get fed (I play mostly supporty champs like sej, lux and ashe).

Any tips? Should I just resign myself to crapiness?

hotfire

12-19-2012

not everyone can be pro. I'm not, but its cool, cause i'm better than a lot of people, and have fun with this game anyways

leetnanas

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robzored View Post
I have been playing this game for 2+ years, have waaaaaay too many games under my belt, but no matter how much I try, I don't get better

My cs is usually crappy-mediocre (120-150 by 20 mins), I don't usually feed, but it's not that often that I get fed (I play mostly supporty champs like sej, lux and ashe).

Any tips? Should I just resign myself to crapiness?
Bolded part might have something to do with it.

Best Zod NA

12-19-2012

I got to 1.5k playing tanky supports like J4 and Leona and strong junglers like Lee, after years of stewing at 1.2k.

Aevumus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

I've found it has a lot to do with your attitude.
I always have a bad game if I start off thinking "Ugh, I'm gonna lose my lane to..."
If your CS is bad, take whichever champ you intend to CS with into a custom game, no bots, and farm. Build like you normally would, no gimmicky starting-with-a-longsword-for-easier-CS or anything like that.
Practice until you can get perfect farm (roughly 220, if I'm not mistaken) at 20 minutes.
Once you've got that, try it against bots. Remember to last hit only, otherwise you push the lane up which you shouldn't do.
As for getting better at everything else, maybe watch some pro streams and try to notice what they do.
Someone like WingsOfDeathX is phenomenal to watch, he explains the majority of what he does and why he does it.
If you're having trouble with certain things, feel free to ask around. GD is, while by no means friendly, not necessarily a bad place to ask for information, especially regarding how to play lane matchups and such.
If there's anything else, go ahead and ask now, I'll probably stick around in here and see if I can be of any help (Not that I'm a professional or good in the least, but I can at least try.)

Koivu

12-19-2012

You have to actually focus on what you are weak at, not just keep jamming a million games doing the same thing every time. If you practice what you are already doing then you are going to keep doing what you're doing. Have to change things, and deal with the growing pains

guitarnoob16

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aevumus View Post
I've found it has a lot to do with your attitude.
I always have a bad game if I start off thinking "Ugh, I'm gonna lose my lane to..."
If your CS is bad, take whichever champ you intend to CS with into a custom game, no bots, and farm. Build like you normally would, no gimmicky starting-with-a-longsword-for-easier-CS or anything like that.
Practice until you can get perfect farm (roughly 220, if I'm not mistaken) at 20 minutes.
Once you've got that, try it against bots. Remember to last hit only, otherwise you push the lane up which you shouldn't do.
As for getting better at everything else, maybe watch some pro streams and try to notice what they do.
Someone like WingsOfDeathX is phenomenal to watch, he explains the majority of what he does and why he does it.
If you're having trouble with certain things, feel free to ask around. GD is, while by no means friendly, not necessarily a bad place to ask for information, especially regarding how to play lane matchups and such.
If there's anything else, go ahead and ask now, I'll probably stick around in here and see if I can be of any help (Not that I'm a professional or good in the least, but I can at least try.)

this is some really good advice....i main jungle...1400 current...ended last season with 1600elo..playing a year now..i think im above average..im no pro btu i kno the game....80% of games lost is because of terrible adc...i gank alot..i remember this one game i fed bot lane...our corki was up 4/0 vs an ashe...btu only had 93cs at 30mins...we lost horribly...im gona start learning adc soon and i love the advice you gave about farming...cs wins games...not kills...good job...im soo gona start practicing hitting that 220cs at 20mins then trying bots...