People who insist on duo laning top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Angel 2k3

12-19-2012

I duo top sometimes, simply because I am almost always the only person who wants to jungle and I get tired of being a jungler ALL THE TIME, regardless of how much I enjoy it or how good I am in the role. Sometimes you like to mix it up. So I take Vlad top and lololol at their darius because I keep sending him b. If neither team has a jungler it can be OK.

ßolt

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneDragon View Post
go jungle yourself?
This thread isn't about me not wanting to jungle, it's about people who think duo side laneing works.

Although I must admit I've been jungling less in s3 I'm usually the one who's reasonable enough to realize "I'd rather play a role I dislike than wasting 20min of my day on a handicapped match"

Internet

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by olt View Post
This thread isn't about me not wanting to jungle, it's about people who think duo side laneing works.

Although I must admit I've been jungling less in s3 I'm usually the one who's reasonable enough to realize "I'd rather play a role I dislike than wasting 20min of my day on a handicapped match"
I would generally jungle myself in S2 as well.

Im getting to the point that im going to start jungling Twitch again, because at least then I have a high chance of someone dodging.

Because the S3 jungle makes me feel a bit more gimped then a support.

SpiffmeisterZ

12-19-2012

If you go dual top and sacrifice your jungler, one of three things should happen -

One - Duo lane shoves down tower fast and then quick group to early team fights. Do this if you go with a hyper strong early/mid game team comp and steamroll early as possible.

Two - If lane finds itself stalling, one of the tops roams down mid/jungle and clears a few camps and controls either the blue or red buff depending on which team you're on and tries to keep both lanes safe and ahead.

Three - If this still finds itself stalling hard, second top/mid start shoving mid out best they can and 4 manning bot.

If you STILL can't break them down, you're really gonna end up SoL if you don't end up saying screw it all and going straight 5 man into a lane and rolling a turret down and forcing the team fights while your comp remains strong. If you get to late and haven't taken the advantage it was a failed attempt and move on.

I have successfully done this in the 1200 ELO range (Granted, nearly anything can go in this range) as well as an all mid comp that went with high CC/evade champs with added hyper nuke level 6 abilities thrown in for good measure.

It's never ideal to run without a jungler considering the advantages it gives (Being able to free push without worry of ganks is a HUGE advantage to the enemy team) but if done right can totally blindside people, especially if they're running a support type jungler who doesn't start to pick up in power until later on.

XxxLumberJackxxX

12-19-2012

What about sion slash tf top duo lane.

Think about it for. 5 seconds before responding.

It hurts

Darkwahn

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JooMancer View Post
What about sion slash tf top duo lane.

Think about it for. 5 seconds before responding.

It hurts

I miss those days. That used to be a really solid bot lane combo.

Firellius

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyWarcraft View Post
Maybe your pre-made has a specific reason to not want a jungler?
Or maybe everyone is mindlessly locking in a single role and then the last person on the team is thoroughly incompetent in the jungle?

Don't ever let me jungle. I either won't gank at all, or die in every single attempt.