Black Cleaver + Lack of Penetration Auras

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

konfetarius

12-19-2012

At the end of the day, bruisers still hit stuff in the face with autos. CDR will help mages proportionally more IMO.

Really, the main reason I want this is because we don't have this:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik..._of_Brilliance

The other big reason is that CDR is a plain fun stat to have and is a pain to get. The "good" mage CDR items are DFG and BFT, but they are basically deathcap grade items in expense and power. Glacial Shroud/Sweeper are the "good" mid tier items, but they are also defense/utility oriented. The remainder are the three items based on this:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Fiendish_Codex

All 3 items are meh at best. (Chalice/Nashor are overpriced for regular champs and are basically overly specialized items; Morello could be the generic "go to" AP/CDR stat stick, but the passive feels awful and you have the nagging feeling of "why didn't I buy glacial or sweeper" instead)

Warlord Buwberry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

I agree with having a 5% cdr test before a 10% cdr. right now you get 4% from talents so i you add in 2 items with cdr, it should put you near cap. 9%+15%(most cdr items)10%(BFT). which comes out to 34%. but if you wanna give the free 40% cdr, give 10%, but i think that stat needs to be earned a little in items. Curious to see what you'll do.

SylianEUW

12-19-2012

I don't think BFT should be a required buy for APs. It might be at the moment, but it's too strong at the moment.

Grantson

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnBuwberry View Post
I agree with having a 5% cdr test before a 10% cdr. right now you get 4% from talents so i you add in 2 items with cdr, it should put you near cap. 9%+15%(most cdr items)10%(BFT). which comes out to 34%. but if you wanna give the free 40% cdr, give 10%, but i think that stat needs to be earned a little in items. Curious to see what you'll do.
I agree with you that most optimal itemization reaches 30-35%ish, so I'm not really in favor of round up 5 or 10% just to give everyone 40%. People should make the extra effort to reach 40% through flat blue runes (5.89%) or masteries Sorcery and Intelligence (4% and 6%) and give up something in return for maxed CD.

Adding this will also make "Ionian Boots of Lucidity" a weaker choice in favor of other boots.

MajorUrsa

12-19-2012

Keep in mind that Nome has said BFT is going to possibly increase in cost to 3900 gold. Now imagine AP cdr options with BFT becoming a 7 to 10 minute pickup over the early game rush item that it is.

To balance this I think changing BFT to build out of a tome while adding a global cdr aura of 5-10% would help in their mid game transition and prevent theur early.game.from becoming UP.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-19-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorUrsa View Post
Keep in mind that Nome has said BFT is going to possibly increase in cost to 3900 gold. Now imagine AP cdr options with BFT becoming a 7 to 10 minute pickup over the early game rush item that it is.

To balance this I think changing BFT to build out of a tome while adding a global cdr aura of 5-10% would help in their mid game transition and prevent theur early.game.from becoming UP.
BFT will indeed build out of Codex + Kage's + Guise (3950 total) and gain 10 mana/5, 10% CDR (20% total), and 10 AP (80 total). Minus the better slot efficiency, this should be a hefty nerf to the item.

Talith PA

12-19-2012

Can it build out of a kindlegem instead of a mana regeneration item?

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

12-19-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I want to avoid giving it any more health.

Tenebrae Corvus

12-19-2012

If BFT gets mana regeneration, then what options will mana-less champions like Katarina have to upgrade a Haunting Guise?

Not saying that BFT shouldn't have mana regen. but in that case Haunting Guise will return to be a cheap non-upgradable magic pen. item. Is there a possibility of having a moderately priced alternative that just gives magic pen. cdr and AP? It would also help burst mages or assassins that don't benefit from the dot of BFT.

Talith PA

12-19-2012

I was just thinking that for champions like Vlad, Kat, Rumble, Morde, etc. having to pay for mana regen on an AP item is less than desirable.