Can a jungler be a carrier in S3? A pure farming profits test in S2 and S3.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LOLooser

12-19-2012

According to the annaunciations of RIOTS, jungler income will be great improved in S3. So we did the following test to see the differences betweent S2 and S3 jungle.

We picked Dr.Mundo to do the test for 20mins pure farming in the jungle.

season S2 Mundo

total gold:5258
kills:155
level:12
gold per minion(with ambient gold):33.92

preseason S3 Mundo

total gold: 4858
kills: 144
level: 12
gold per minion(with ambient gold):32.72

As we can see, the profits of S3 is not better, not even close....it is 400 gold distance between S2 and S3.

After that , we did more testing on other champions.... Kyle get a better jungle farming results.....but still no better than S2

preseason S3 Kyle

total gold: 4941
kills: 151
level: 12

Conclusions:
1: Heart of Gold is a stable income of a jungler in S2, and it was very very popular for S2 jungler.............and now , it is gone...

2: The value of jungle creatures is slighty improved , but he HP and damage of these creatures are also great enhanced, especially the camp boss.(A smite can not cost half HP of the big ghost )

3: RIOTS said it is possible for jungler to carry the game because of the jungle adjustments in S3. As we can see , if you just keep farming without ganking in S3, you will not be able to get more than S2, so how can you carry the team?

(We did the test on China sever)

Vivid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Did you take into account the ambient gold changes as well?

Ambient gold rewards more gold per second than season 2.

LOLooser

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
Did you take into account the ambient gold changes as well?

Ambient gold rewards more gold per second than season 2.

20mins test in both season ..... all kinds of gold are just there........

kraxirra

12-19-2012

Also, try getting out of the jungle. While you are farming for 15 straight minutes, the enemy jungler has put enormous pressure on the map. This game is about pressure. Pressure causes mistakes. Pressure gets objectives. Pressure causes rage. When these three combine, you win. Don't be that jungler that forces the lanes to absorb the full brunt of the enemy jungler's pressure. Do something.

NynaeveaM

12-19-2012

You have to consider Ambient Gold, you don't need HoG.

But yea, I was disappointed myself when I realized I don't get much higher rewards from jungle

Cyraknoss

12-19-2012

Farming without any kills will not cause you to be a carry regardless of your role. The point of farming is to win that first exchange by having more gold and as a result better items than your opponent. Continually winning fights is how you carry and that is totally possible as a Jungler. My favorite Junglers right now are Volibear and Jax, they play opposite ends of the spectrum but are both hyper carries with only about 3 items and it's rare that I lose on these junglers in S3. So yes a Jungler can be a carry even without HoG which wasn't really helping you lift anyways in S2.

iLoveMenYOLO

12-19-2012

His total gold has the ambient gold in it, it's showing the gold income is lower than last season. Not the higher stated by riot.

Vivid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLooser View Post
20mins test in both season ..... all kinds of gold are just there........
You clearly stated in your studies that Gold per minion averaged at 32 gold. I think your data needs to be more specific. I think the conclusion here isn't that the jungle changes make it impossible to carry. Take into account new item prices, new starting items, etc.

GnomeDigest

12-19-2012

One problem is Riot said the increased jungle rewards started around lvl 11. Sometimes one wonders if they are playing the same game the rest of us are where by lvl 11 much of your jungle is being taken by the rest of your team.

PentaPuss

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraxirra View Post
Also, try getting out of the jungle. While you are farming for 15 straight minutes, the enemy jungler has put enormous pressure on the map. This game is about pressure. Pressure causes mistakes. Pressure gets objectives. Pressure causes rage. When these three combine, you win. Don't be that jungler that forces the lanes to absorb the full brunt of the enemy jungler's pressure. Do something.
I think you missed the point of this thread.