People who insist on duo laning top

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ßolt

12-19-2012

I personally think 3 man bot is a more viable team comp than 2-1-2, even 5 man rushes are more viable than 2-1-2....

facetious

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekkal View Post
I've intentionally duo'd top in premade 5's and it really can work. The element of surprise and invade potential can really be fun to work with.
Let's examine this...
Element of Surprise
Duo top:
Enemy: Hey team, there are two guys top against me, so don't worry about surprise ganks.

Solo top + jungler:
Enemy: Hey team, there is only one guy top, so we don't know where their 5th player is. Worry about surprise ganks.

Invade potential
Duo top:
Enemy: Hey team, there are two guys top against me, so you should invade and steal their jungle camps as often as possible for free uncontested gold/XP/buffs.

Solo top + jungler:
Enemy: Hey team, there is only one guy top, so we don't know where their 5th player is. Don't invade their jungle without vision because he could be anywhere. Also, keep an eye out in our jungle in case he has roamed over to counter jungle.

Yeah, I totally see how duo top is better..

Wait...

sergeantpickle

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyWarcraft View Post
Maybe your pre-made has a specific reason to not want a jungler?
They pick a champion that can hold a tower alone while he out levels his opponents and last hits at the tower.

When a gank comes... the duo will be ~2 levels behind their opponent and the jungler will be the same level.

Who -should- win here?

Two level 6? Or one 8 and and one 6? What happens when teamfights start and their average level is higher than yours and that solo top has more farm advantage?

What happens when the jungler has a whole jungle to farm without worry?

Internet

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by facetious View Post
*snip*
Hey, one of the top laners is missing.
Suddenly, enemy red buff constantly warded. Enemy red side jungle constantly being taken/or blue side.

There is still invade potential.

facetious

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet View Post
Hey, one of the top laners is missing.
Suddenly, enemy red buff constantly warded. Enemy red side jungle constantly being taken/or blue side.

There is still invade potential.
You know who does this more effectively?

A dedicated jungler.

Drukyul

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by facetious View Post
Let's examine this...
Element of Surprise
Invade potential
You listed the disadvantages of duo top without listing its advantages. Not a fair comparison. A more fair comparison would show how those disadvantages outweigh duo top's advantages anyway, which is true.

WingsOfGryphin

12-19-2012

It's disrespect to the old fun League of Legends.
2 v 1 v 2 was the first "meta" then came 2 v 1 top with jungler king WW, his ganks were not deadly as these day freelancing killing machines. In those days laning was more fun.

ßolt

12-19-2012

I know it's still possible to win with duo side lanes if played well enough, god knows I've had my shares of games without junglers but yea like someone said earlier duo laning only leave both players under farmed, given the chance all games should include a jungler IMO.

Shaco ftwin

12-19-2012

The best I've seen is a Tryn and Darius duo top. After level 6, that turret is going down so hard because Tryn just tanks the tower with ult, they get the kill from the lane opponent, then push tower down and start roaming.

It was actually pretty disgustingly effective.

Rubidium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

go jungle yourself?