Is AP Evelynn in line for more nerfs?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhico

12-19-2012

Let me say this from playing eve quite a bit in season 2 and working on her now, Yes she is strong and no she is not OP. Counter picks works wonders and proper warding, this means pink wards so she cant roam and if sshe cant do anything in lane or roam she doesnt do much at all. This is like saying Katarina is op when she gets counter so hard by certain champions that no one plays for some reason. Counter picks work wonders in this game and i really hope people realize this

theme34xcp

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunkMasterDiz View Post
Pink wards aren't a hard counter to her, just a counter to her stealth. There is no "hard counters" in league.
1. Diana = Assassin Mage
2. Xerath = Siege Mage
3. Ryze = DPS Mage
4. Gragas = Poke Mage

Pink wards works as a normal wards against her, ergo letting you know when shes coming. I MAY be mistaken, but I THINK that it also shows you other wards right?? Must be useless though...

And your point on the other champions? They are all tanky with pretty strong burst. Without DFG, her burst is just as powerful if not less than some of these champions... DFG can be built on ANY AP mage, so whats stopping you?

Edit: You complain about her potential to roam, yet thats practically her strongest point. Hard counter to that? Push the lane. Ta-da, problem solved.

Kirballs1

12-19-2012

She's a strong stealth assassin,but needs a lot of gold before she becomes strong.She's pretty balanced at the moment and I hate Kassadin counters -.-

Zhico

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik View Post
i always build abys, zhonyas, and ga on her

tanky as ****

honestly OP the diamond guy is 5-1 with her in ranked. he knows how strong she is. diz is right. she IS op but prolly wont get nerfed due to her play rate

ppl thought she got ruined after her nerf (but they were all bandwagoners)

she can actually beat most melee champs as she can harass them too easily if they try to cs

ranged is obviously tougher, like for all melee champs, but with a crystalline flask you can sustain in lane. your all in is much stronger than most mages

i was 11-3 with her last season, and had a lot more normals than that with her. i can honestly tell you shes basically at that same level now.

she is OP but lack of play will mask it. youll be fine for a while id say

Actually the only melee's ive found she counters is gragas and diana, the rest of them can trade a lot better and most ranged ones are extremely easy since they are so squishy

Sincarnation

12-19-2012

Eve isnt OP common sense and safe play counter her pretty easily. Have your lanes buy pink wards and keep her pushed. If she tries to roam it will probably be unsucessful since your lanes bought pinks they will see her coming, and then you should punish her by taking mid and roaming yourself.
She really isn't that special if she doesnt snowball, and her burst is pretty mediocre without DFG so abuse her during the early stages.

lol I died again

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincarnation View Post
Eve isnt OP common sense and safe play counter her pretty easily. Have your lanes buy pink wards and keep her pushed. If she tries to roam it will probably be unsucessful since your lanes bought pinks they will see her coming, and then you should punish her by taking mid and roaming yourself.
She really isn't that special if she doesnt Her burst is pretty mediocre without DFG so abuse her during the early stages.
Ah, yes, the bane of bad Eves everywhere.

She's like Amumu - Go ahead, take his blue, shut down his jungle.. he's still going to rape you eventually.

Magik

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhico View Post
Actually the only melee's ive found she counters is gragas and diana, the rest of them can trade a lot better and most ranged ones are extremely easy since they are so squishy
she has a lot of favorable matchups against melee

even champs like lee sin. use w to break e slow and kitekitekite with q and the two MS buffs. you need lots of gap closers to catch her. somebody like riven. but even then if you can force a fight, eve's all in is pretty strong without dfg

ppl act like 3k gold is hard to come by. if you know how to farm youll have it pretty soon.

she trades quite favorably

if not, get a cryst flask, push and roam. eves speed and dmg is still high with q and e. e is 1.0 and q is spammable. she does a lot of dmg outside of her ult and dfg, which shows the lack of knowledge of the other ppl posting in this thread

pinks are just greens to her. doesnt stop the gank, only lets you see it. if you are pushed wards wont save you. especially when the lane initiates, ccs with what they have, and a 430ms eve is ripping at you

Drukyul

12-19-2012

She's pubstompy just like she was with the stun. I would not be at all surprised if Riot knocked some power off her ulti, maybe making it weaker in single-target engagements.

AntiMages

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
She's pubstompy just like she was with the stun. I would not be at all surprised if Riot knocked some power off her ulti, maybe making it weaker in single-target engagements.
Pubstompy assumes she's only good in solo games. Don't forget she's been stomping every tournament since worlds with insane win ratios.

darkwithless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

As someone who likes to play Eve (on Dominion), I would rather see DFG's debuff removed. It will more than likely happen, so I would rather Riot nerfs it before they go around nerfing everyone who builds it.

Personally I tend to blowup any Eves that gets a DFG because they tend to be so squishy.